Snow day in sunny So. Cal 01/23/10

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My friends and I had a wonderful day in the high dez at my favorite wet weather riding spot, only now it was sno-cone wet.:D All you snowbirds from the snowbelt that have to run studs and snowplow your way through drifts probably don't think that it's much of a big deal (unless you are wishing that you had had that small of an amount of snow to deal with:p), but for us, it's a rare adventure that we only get maybe two or three times a winter down here.

Where was my TE? Sitting in the garage with very worn dualsort tires on it. Since I didn't know how much snow might be out there and all my friends were bringing two strokes, I took the lime bike with fresh tires for the fray.:busted:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And don't worry....Trajan the TE had his fun day out there on Wednesday.
    [IMG]
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Frosty.

The mountains are making a good picture from Huntington Beach. I just need to get up early and get a high vantage point to make it "purty". Starting to like this global warming.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    it was amazing on sat,,,on the way back now,,,,,weekend commute H-cam vids to follow.

grate post
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We do the same celebration when we see the sun :D
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Wow, what a beautiful day, Dirdame!

WoodsChick
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    conditions are the best we can have here,,, yesterday snow over un frozen wet soil and today less snow but -plenty of moist stuff. Glad you guys got out there!! I was completly possesed between sat and sun!!
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You said it, Woodchick. There's nothin' like a sunny day of cactus and snow.:lol:
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    So how did the lime bike behave this time DirtDame?
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The throttle hasn't stuck since I replaced the slide and the cable, but I think that the carb body may be a little damaged.:excuseme:
  10. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

My day did not go as well:confused:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I've never experienced crap like this. I fell twice just walking in it! It was like glue. It was so-bad I could not even move the bike. I mean nothing! No movement whatsover!! Eventually I found a discarded 4x8 and was able to use it as a lever. Once the bike made a sshhhhhtk sound I was able to gradually lift it and then walk it to higher ground.
    [IMG]

It's like the bike was covered in poo!
    [IMG]

The stuff would cling to anything, and soon everything was covered.
    [IMG]

I stopped to adjust my iPod and a local stopped to ask if I was ok:poser
    He really wanted a picture of this idiot covered in mud so I obliged. He was nice enough to take a photo of me with the phone.
    :clap
    [IMG]

Here's a KML if you're interested in the locations.
    http://ontheboat.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=map.GoogleEarth&g2_itemId=23106

All the pix are located at http://ontheboat.net/gallery2/v/motorcycling/rides/album/01242010-mojave/

When I got home I noticed the bike bleeding oil pretty badly. I think the chain used the mud to sand away the epoxy I used to fix the hole I punched in the case on my Yuma trip. Scary that I went like 100 miles on the 5 @ like 90 before noticing it. The sight glass is pretty empty, but it is still leaking pretty good so hopefully I didn't hurt it too badly. I guess I gotta get that sucker welded up. If any of you spot a 610 motor for sale Septic and I are both gonna need one:thumb Biggie too probably.

The desert be FUN right now!
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks like pretty gluey stuff. Hope you get your patch repatched okay.:) Some stuff that is like adobe can be found in the lower desert after a good rain, but up at McCain Valley, most of the dirt is like decomposed granite sand and it holds very firm, doesn't stick to your bike and provides lots of traction after a rain. As I often say, there's no way it can ever rain too much at McCain.:thumbsup:
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    whoa looks like you were plowing fields of muck!!