Snow/mud/slush ride - Gopro vids

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Jake (08 TXC250/300), Shane (09 WR125), Joe (KTM 450) and my self (2010 TXC250) hit a local ride spot yesterday. There was 3-4 inches of slushy snow on top of mud clay and rocks. SUPER slick but fun once you got used to it. Too some Gopro vid. Will post more as they get up loaded.

Fun day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FstB0B7nCZ8
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Kelly is your camera mounted on your armor and not your helmet?

Great vid. :thumbsup:

Except for no visible elevation change, I'd swear you're riding on the trails behind my house.

:cheers:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This time i mounted it on my chin protector of my helmet. I like how it worked out. It is a real trick mounting system, a chunk of old license plate zip tied to my helmet.

[IMG]
  4. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm going to need to see about that mounting system! I've been looking for a better way for my GoPro also.
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    That was a really fun day, the hard rides usually are. :thumbsup:

Why are you not down with the embeding?:cool:

[youtube]FstB0B7nCZ8[/youtube]

[youtube]6_Kt9mS3tN4[/youtube]

Kelly on my TXC. The video makes this look so flat. :banghead:
    [smugmug]aT03NDUyMjUyNTkmaz1YVlZhVCZhPTEwNzAxMzQ4X25hQ1dEJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

We finally got the jetting dialed on shanes 125. It may need a richer pilot but it is really close. :applause:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[smugmug]aT03NDUyMjk3NTQmaz1IUzlZeiZhPTEwNzAxMzQ4X25hQ1dEJnU9am1ldHRlZXImZT0x[/smugmug]

Later,
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

We need to get Shane a spring kit :thumbsup:

Walt
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah, Sahne a Jake need another variable, the puzzle does not have enough pieces :lol:.

- that would be cool. We have 2 09 WR125's here (Shane's and mine) so we can do some testing. :thumbsup:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mounting it on top is not an option for where i ride, side mounting does not seem good ether and that all lead me to this. Works geat, EZ to get to and I like the angle. :cheers:
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

I will send you two as soon as I get them sorted and spec'd. It at least won't effect his jetting. :lol: It might eliminate a sore spot in the jetting to work around though. The places you guys ride are perfect for a progressive action to the govenor.

Walt
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

At some point in January I am going to be hauling a horse trailer to my sister in Deming outside Bellingham. I might try to get down to your neck of the woods to let you ride my WR 144 and get an independent review on the way it runs. You certainly have more exposure than I do to what works and doesn't. I will be back at work so this will be just a fly by but might be helpful to not only me but the others out there thinking about the spring kit as well as the 144 kit.

Can't believe I am going back to work on a Golf Course in Montana the first week of January with only limited time off. They were out there playing yesterday.

Walt

PS on permanent greens
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That would be great!!! :thumbsup: It would be fun to ride with you. My 125 really runs VERY good so it would be a good one to try the springs on that as it does not have other issues and we will see the potential of just the springs.

- i think my 04 Doma pipe i wrested on there works well for this bike.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Dang it all! Another great winter video. Just wait till I get a snow video down here....and wait, and wait, and wait....:lol:
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Makes the post big and cluttered IMHO.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I will really try to make it work. If it snowed a foot here that would really help. I guess I have to start working out so I don't slow you guys down too much. I am used to the couple of minute blow every 10 miles or so. :rolleyes:

Walt
  15. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Is this powervalve springs you guys are talking about?

Mmmmm.....144, I want one!