SoCal Rider, exploring Missoula MT.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Desertyucca, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Visiting my daughter in Missoula Mt for the next week. Loaded my TE511 to spend a few days explore the area. Nice change of scenic area to ride in Pine Tree forest from my typical Desert riding. Stopped at the sporting good store and picked up an Map. Wanted to take off to the hills, WHAT..... Most of the trails and jeep roads seem to be good distance outside of Missoula :excuseme:

Found this small OHV area called Blue Mt on riderplanet-usa.

20130726_174827.jpg
    Tinken, bigjon, jerbear610 and 2 others like this.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I do some riding at Blue Mtn in the spring when they are about the only thing open. Fairly low area. Unfortunately it is one of the few non-closed areas around Missoula and gets beat to hell and back. Really dusty and rocky/loose this time of year. There is some fun stuff there but you kind of need to have a local guide you. If I can take a day off this week(hasn't happened in months) I would love to take you on a good loop south of Hamilton that you would like. Send me a PM.
    Desertyucca likes this.
  3. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Explored Blue Mt OHV area once more this week. Found on the map 6.05 would take you to the top where the Fire lookout tower was located. Turned out to be an exciting trail. Provided a nice route, Cool, deep Forest green Pine trees, real single track I was looking for. Nice to get out of the desert sand, whoops and rocks!

My Bike is geared for desert speeds, learned the consistent hill climb took a beating on the clutches. Had to stop a few times to let the the bike cool down. Used that time to take in the spectacular views and relax.

A few photos and videos of the area.
    GOPR6300.JPG GOPR6509.JPG GOPR6801.JPG GOPR6893.JPG

Part 2 Video

Final Leg
    Husky John, bigjon and FabOneUp like this.
  4. Husky John Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki V-strom DL1000
    There is another great OHV park just an hour and a half north of Missoula. Wild Bill OHV Park above Lakeside, Mt. on Black Tail Mountain. If you have the time anyway. Great pics and video by the way!
    Desertyucca likes this.
  5. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks John, Next Trip out to Missoula I will have to try that area. My Daughter is already asking when our next trip to Missoula will be :eek:
    Husky John likes this.