SoCal rides in next two weeks

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Jumpster, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Jumpster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia, KTM
    Soboba Invitational next weekend, then Barstow to Avi on March 6-7 wknd. The usual suspects aren't gonna go, so anyone interested in partnering. I ride intermediate/advanced, do all the Hard Ways unless it's getting late, and whine only a little bit....... Live in Irvine area.
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Is Barstow to Avi done on the Mojave trail?
  3. Jumpster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia, KTM
    Yes

BBTR website says it is on that trail.
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

Have you ridden with BBTR before?
  5. Jumpster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia, KTM
    BBTR member

BBTR is a well-organized club with high standards. I've been a member for five years and done maybe two BBTR rides per year. I've broken bones on the Big Bear Run Challenge to prove it.

Why?
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

The only reason I asked is because I know that most of these guys are very good riders and typically put on very challenging rides. When you read one of their roll charts and it says "most difficult" they aren't kidding. The Mojave Trail is a pretty sedate ride traversing mostly desert jeep trails and when you said that BBTR was sponsoring the event I had visions of them making a detour out across the Mojave flood plains where you can find silt beds deep enough to swallow both bike and rider.:lol: Since you're a member of the group then you know what to expect.
  7. road dog Husqvarna
    C Class

Is Barstow to Avi a race?
    Who is BBTR?
    Where can I get more info about B to A
  8. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    BBTR=Big Bear Trail Riders, I believe. Most likely on their site is the B to A.
  9. Jumpster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia, KTM
    www.bigbeartrailriders.com Membership is $25 for year, ride costs $35 including chase van with gear bag. Is not a race. Knowing the BBTR, it'll probably be the opposite - a challenging crawl at some parts. On some of their rides you get a plaque if you are simply able to FINISH the ride. But other of our rides are simply uniquely scenic without the challenges.