Solo DS ride on a WR300 in NE washington

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by firecrotch, Apr 28, 2013.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    My moms house its located near the Spokane Indian rez. NE corner of Washington. Most of the view picts are of the actual reservation. Taking a dirt rd from the house a few miles up and you have basically hundreds of miles of abandonded mining rds and fireroads. Theres some singletrack people are making but not a lot. Its not ver challenging but the views are spectacular
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Might be hard but if you look. Theres just a zig zag of fire roads all over the place in this pict. and it continues through the valley as far as the eye can see. This is where I turned around for a 70 mile ride one day. Haven't even scratched the surface of whats out there. This type of riding I need a 650 for with a 200 mile range or something.

[IMG]
    I guess this is an old tractor of some sort?

[IMG]
    I took this pict right before I had an "oh shit" moment. Riding fireroads can be an art form sometimes in not getting lost. The stuff looks very different on the way back
    [IMG]
    Motosportz, bigjon and ray_ray like this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks like a lot of fun, even if not singletrack fun. And places to stop and fish maybe.:banana:
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Funny you say...Actually my brother told me about a lake he found where one side is rock cliffs going straight up from the water, otherside a idealic beach. awesome fishing and nobody knew about it but maybe a few locals because it was on a singletrack section 100 yards maybe off of a dirt rd. he discovered it by accident and later camped there a couple times. I was partly tryining to find it. He said it was something you would see in the movies how scenic and pristine it was. Still havent found it. But yeah, lots of lakes up there.
  4. southy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMX250
    Nice pics, good to see the 2 stroke out there doing some DS miles.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Good pics looks really beautiful out your way. Thanks for sharing.
    Looks like an old generator to me.
  6. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Oh and a special shout out to seatconcepts. This was first ride with the new seat and love it. Was worried it would be to wide on the wr but was so sick of the "brick" I took the plunge. Worth every single penny.
    Dirtdame likes this.