Solo Out Of Stonyford

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Jan 28, 2012.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Weekend before last we loaded up the Huskys and headed to Stonyford...
    [IMG]

I'm still not quite there physically in terms of trail riding so I took my 610 out for some "alone" time on a dirty street ride. First stop was the Stonyford Cemetery...
    [IMG]

Maybe it's easier if you don't give them a name... [IMG]

I can think of worse places to spend eternity... [IMG]

The cemetery is on Walkup Road...
    [IMG]

Ok, it's sad enough to not know who this baby was, but to misspell "unknown"?
    Heartbreaking...
    [IMG]

Next up, the Cypress Hill Cemetery... [IMG]

[IMG]

Now I know how Lovelady Ridge came to be named... [IMG]

This little cemetery had lots of homemade headstones... [IMG]

[IMG]

My new friends running to greet me... [IMG]

This guy was the boss...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

More later...
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been driving past this road for over 20 years, wondering where it goes. Time to find out... [IMG]

I don't listen to music much anymore when I ride, but I had an old Rod Stewart tune running non-stop through my head on this ride..."If today was not a crooked highway, if tonight was not a crooked trail..."

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's always good to stop and reflect on where we've been... [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

"There's beauty in the silver singing river. There's beauty in the sunlight in the sky. But none of these and nothing else can steal the beauty that I remember in my true love's eyes..."
    [IMG]

"I can hear the echo of my footsteps, but can't remember the sound of my own name...."
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Sometimes it's not easy to lose yourself...
    [IMG]

I had to look long and hard for this...
    [IMG]

"If tomorrow wasn't such a long time, then lonesome would mean nothing to you at all..." [IMG]

[IMG]

I used to be a really good gymnast...short, fearless, strong for my size, lots of upper-body strength...it all went to hell when the boobs and hips showed up. Now I do a different sort of tumbling...
    [IMG]

The geology of this area fascinates me to no end...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I don't do too many solo rides, but I always find them very enjoyable. The quiet and solitude is refreshing. I had a great time ripping back over the ridges towards Stonyford, and arrived at my camper van shortly before sundown. A truly enjoyable day all by myself.

"Only if she were lying by me would I rest in my bed once again..."
    [IMG]
    Motosportz and TROFFER88 like this.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    A lovely reflective jaunt Woodsie. Its good to have some time out doing what you love.
    Thank you yet adain for the effort.
  4. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweeeeet!!!

......and BTW, you killed me with the boobsnhips comment :lol: --> :notworthy:
  5. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

BACK IN THE SADDLE !! THAT'S THE STUFF
  6. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Awesome photo's Tammy! One of these days I need to meet you guys at Stonyford.
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Great pics and report as usual. This last pic though...someone has their nose on your glass?
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Great pics and no left over pain from the crash .... Sometimes that stuff melts away till you return from the ride ....
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks! I had a great time hanging out with myself :)

Sorry about that! :p It was true, though; One day I was a damned good gymnast and the next I couldn't walk on a balance beam without falling off, let alone do anything else on it.

Yeah! It felt great!
    I rode trails the next day, though, on my 610 and my friend Glen's Husaberg and I was a little sore the next day. It felt great, though :applause:
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, it hasn't been for lack of trying... :D

Yes! That's Katie, my friend Glen's daughter. She's 7 and is all moto all the time, "Faster, Dad! Faster! Do a wheelie!" Great kid and she loves her Oset. Glen's in trouble when that one gets her driver license. She was looking for her dad and I told her he must have gone home so she'd probably have to drive the truck home all by herself. She got this gleam in her eye and said "Cool! I can drive it off a cliff on the way home!" She's all about speed and excitement. A girl after my own heart :love: We spent the whole next day together on trails and jeep roads and Glen said she was non-stop "Tami this" and "Tami that" when they got home. Maybe I'm a good influence :D

You got that right. I paid dearly for my exuberance on the trails the next day...although if I'd been on a proper dirt bike and not my SM it might have been a little better :D It's OK, though...all part of the process. Who knew a little tip-over could cause such grief 3 months later?
  11. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    :applause: Great stuff WC Your ride reports and pictures i must add take me there --in mind and i can just feel the outdoors --Comes easily when most of us just have fun --something that too many people have forgotten what it feels to have some helmet space -the smell of the earth -the wind in your face --the freedom of the ride ---Thank's
    for sharing
  12. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Glad you are back riding. As always, love your pics. Take care