1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Some pics in the desert for my Aussie mates back home :)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thought I'd share some pics for the hell of it :) Ive never been crash hot on jumping but no harm in trying at the age of 40 :busted:
    Ive been riding for 4yrs but better late than never to learn :)

Any other Aussies (or anyone for that matter) wanting to get in endless fast open riding without running into farmers fences every 5mins should come here for a riding holiday. Best time of year is Nov to Feb. Its pretty much full open rocky mountains and dunes, dunes and more dunes ripe for the taking. The only fences you need to worry about are the odd ones stopping the camels from getting on the road and the Oman border fence :thumbsup: We knock over a 120klm dune ride in about 3 1/2 hrs (plus fuel stops and hotdogs :) )

[IMG]
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Nice stuff. Dunes like here, sort of.:thumbsup:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I bet the 300 is fun out there. :thumbsup:
  4. husky430 Husqvarna
    C Class

Looks like a blast but I've always wondered how your chain and sprockets hold up with all that sand?
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I've ridden sand pretty consistently since 1999 and I've never had one issue related to it. Never seized a motor, trashed bearings, chain or anything. I believe riding sand certainly accelerates wear on the top end (as its WOT all day long), but sand is much less intrusive than water or dust, which everyone rides in without concern.

Nice pics Sandgroper!
    I bet the 300 does great out there with its big top end power.
    You should try a paddle. So much fun.....l
  6. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

We all use oring chains, guess this is the norm for everyone these days. Ive found that using chain wax or anything similar increases chain wear. Simply because it grabs and holds onto the sand, also chewing up the lower chain guides every 3 rides :S A few guys I know use WD40 and thin teflon based spray on lubes. I should put an hour meter on the husky, I think Ive done around 20-25 hrs and the chain is fine so far. Has needed adjusting twice in that period.
    Ive wondered about paddle tyres the only problem is we have alot of open gravel/ hard packed desert flat in our rides. Im sure it would be fun tho :)
    Will be interesting to see how the top end lasts with this type of riding. One of the guys told me the desert ruins 2 strokes... so far Ive been with or have seen alot of thumpers breaking down more than anything else ;)
  7. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

looks good mate:thumbsup: