Something new..coming soon from Husky

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by guscycle, Sep 2, 2012.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Just caught this on social website...direct injection 2T :notworthy:
    new husky.jpg
    jmetteer likes this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Now thats what we want, Can see myself back to a smoker when they do that. Expansion chamber looks like its from the 70's.
    Have you seen the ex chamber on the new Ossa, its routed under the seat-the engine is reversed-brilliant.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    There is a cycle world article I suppose this is coming from.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/08/13/two-stroke-resurrection/

This picture from what I read into the text of the article is what cycle world thinks it might look like.

They actually make a 125 cc four stroke street legal bike but won't import it to my courtry of residence. What is to make one think this product if and when it comes to market will be any different?

fran
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As cool as that is I don't ever see this happening. Hope i am wrong.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I hope you're wrong, too. I always wanted to try a 2 stroke. For me, street legal is a requirement.

Once I have a street bike, a racier Husky wouldn't be out of the question.
  6. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..this is Husqvarna/BMW's attempt to bring hope for cleaner running 2T's to the consumer...seriously don't know a street legal "smoker" will ever be available for the U.S.A. market ,however ,if it can be allowed to run in off road racing legally it would become a popular sales tool to those who don't want the expensive upkeep of the 4T. (since most states don't allow titleing/tagging a 2T -although many sneak by).I'LL BE IN LINE FOR ONE IF IT HAPPENS!
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Stupid question but what's the big difference in a two stroke motor that makes it so simple? I was raised on XR's and Yamaha four strokes
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    In 2003 I wanted to race so my dad recommended a yz250f because it matched my style of riding. Never even rode a two stroke though I'd love to try it out
  9. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    You should go to www.bikebandit.com and pull up the exploded parts sheets of your bike and a 250 yamaha two stroke and see if what I state makes sense.

The existing two cycle gasoline engines seem to draw the vaporized fuel air mixture into the lower end because the piston is going up and creating suction in there so long as each cylinder is sealed off. There are holes in the side of the cylinder which this mixture transfers to the top of the piston. There is no need for an oil pump (pre mix set up) and no need for a cam shaft and the parts needed to turn it or the parts it actuates. What would be intresting to discuss instead of artist conception or photo shop pictures is how the oiling of the lower end and the elimination of the cooling effects of vaporizing the gasoline are going to figure into things. Besides they probably will have to have air mixed with the fuel at least to some degree at the point of injection the way I understand things.

fran
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No poppet valves........................No Cam Chain.....................Lower RPM than watercooled modern 4 strokes. Cheaper to maintain.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now I have no problem with Honda XR engines except for the 1984-85 models. (exception 1985 XR350)
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like that pipe in the photo. Up high and out of the way.
  13. Benriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2004 Arctic cat 2t snowmobile 600cc 120 HP stock. It's FI (batteryless) and is awsome, smooth power. 2t FI in snowmobiles has been around a long time, it's old tech. If FI was on a dirt bike I would get one. Have my doubts it would ever be street legal (legitimately.)
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I am pretty ambivalent about the old smoker being cheaper to run.
    They wear out pistons rings and bearings more quickly, use more fuel and oil. Over the long haul I think you will be surprised at how close the 2 motors have become in total running costs. Not to mention pollution and noise (generally) Just sayin.
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not over a high revving 250F for sure and a lot of 450s. Most modern 4 strokes have very little piston with makes the piston more unstable and wear rings out faster. Many rev as high as 15000 rpm.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Husqvarna executives say their engineers are developing a street-legal, direct-injected, two-stroke-powered dual-sport.
    During our recent visit to Husqvarna, company executives said they have a high-tech two-stroke, likely directly injected, in their near-term product plan.

Sounds like its a done deal ...
  17. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Now that would interest me in trying out a 2 stroke again! How cool!
  18. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    European regs are requiring low pollution for 2 strokes by MY 2014, which is what is driving the direct injection talk we've heard from more than one mfg in the last year.

It's going to happen. And if they meet the regs, it'll qualify for street legal (with lights, etc). This will change dirt biking BIG TIME. Especially in California, where modern 2 strokes are banned from many riding places half the year. Heck, many 4 strokes don't bother to get certified for green sticker and are banned half the year, too. But a street legal bike in California can rider any dirt all year round. As long as it's legal dirt, of course. Poaching on other's land will get your ass in trouble naturally...
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I just purchased a 08 WR250 (and a CR ignition to go with it) ... I'm not too excited about a efi 2t even though it must be the path traveled in the future ...

If the last bike running out of my stable of 4T Huskies and this 2T machine, is not the 2T, I'll be greatly surprised ...
  20. Bud70 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr360 95,cr 125 98,cr50 00,te250meo
    Other Motorcycles:
    4 wheeler110,crf150r 12
    I wish Husqvarna would bring out a mid sized bike then i would not have a Honda crf150r in my shed,come on Husqvarna.
    Motosportz likes this.