1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc source for quiet spark arrestor for 2009 wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, May 31, 2011.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

Here I am waiting until the last minute, as usual. Racing the idaho city 2-day enduro this weekend. Normally I repack my silencer the week before the race, just to be on the safe side, but IIRC, i had to drill out the rivets in the middle of the wr300 sparky, and i've been having a heck of a time getting them to hold. I finally found a buddy with some 1/4" pop rivets and it seems to be staying together for now, but I don't want to drill them out again, and after 200 hrs figure I should just buy a lighter newer one (held together with bolts, lol).

I've seen links to a decent looking unit from leo vince. fmf's website shows a turbine core for a 2006 wr250.

I think I've read here that's the same as the 2009 wr300 takes. is that true?

Of course if I can't get it by friday (as an emergency backup, in case my bike doesn't pass 96db sound the first try) then I don't need it, so any suggestions for an enduro legal silencer that fits the stock pipe, fast? Anyone know of a dealer that would have one in stock, for example?
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have sold several of the Leo Vinces and they are really nice. They are quieter than the stocker as well.
  3. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

are they available by friday? I'll probably get one eventually anyway, since i've had a number of fmf's fall apart on me.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Call Enduro Engineering and I'll bet they can get you one by Friday. The Leo Vince units are super nice and very quiet.
  5. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    That's what I have on my '09. I got it through Dennis Kirk. The web site says 1 on hand. Dennis Kirk part# 448171
    • from FMF web site
    • Item ID: 025011
    • Spark Arrestor: Internal
    • Weight: 2.9
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

got the leo vince from EE on the way. it cost an extra $20 or so for 2-day shipping due to my procrastinating, but it should be here in time for the race. Even if I pass soundcheck, I'll replace the stocker after the race. Thanks for the help.
  7. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I put a DB Snorkel on my 125 and it quieted it down nicely.
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is not an option for the 250 though as the snorkel would hit the chain.

Is the lea vince really quiet? I looked at their web site and saw that a 125 model is coming. I have the TC2 now but I switch if it makes a lot less noise.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The 250 unit seems really quiet, but I'm not sure how they stack up head to head. Will the 125 unit be quieter than a FMF TC ????? Odds are that it will be.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You mean you're just going to use it for one race then take it off?
  11. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

If it's not rude to ask, what did you pay for the Leo Vince?
    Is the spark arrestor removable like on their 4T mufflers?
    I just got my FMF pipe today, but the power core2 muffler might not be available before I go back to Australia, so I'm thinking it'd be cool to have my 3rd Husky in a row with a Leo.
  12. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes the leo has a removable sparky screen. They are a nice piece with carbon fiber mounts.