Southwest U.S. Husqvarna Ride - 11-27-2009 to 11-29-2009

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Husky Relic, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    I was wondering if any of the Cafe Husky members would be interested in joining me for a couple of days riding this fall/winter in the local Sothern California desert. Nothing officially connected to Husqvarna Motorcycles North America more of an opportunity to meet and ride with as many other Cafe Husky riders as possible. I don't have any dates set yet but would like to do it when it cools down this fall/winter. If anyone is interested let me know and we can start talking about dates and locations.

Regards,

Scot Harden
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    IN,,always up for go
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I'd love to go! I need to find a TE, though, as I don't think my SM610 is going to cut it out there...even if it does have knobbies on it :busted:

WoodsChick
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Scott,

If you can make it more towards winter I would like to join you. I should have my 2010 TXC 250 by then and would be legal in Cali vs now with my 2 strokes. Golf course work is pretty much on hold by late November here in Montana and I can take advantage of the good part of my job: winters off.

I would also like to pick your brain on how to get a Husqvarna dealer started in Montana. I don't need to be it, I just want to get someone to take on the marque.

Walt
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

I'll jump in and say that I'm going (depending on the dates of course).
    There are quite a few newer and some not so new members that I'd like to meet/see again.:cheers:
  7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Scott, fly me out, buy me beer and and supply me with a bike and I'm in.

South Jersey sandfleas.

BlipBlip :D
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    blip,
    say youre flying out or somehow committed and we will start looking for a demo/spare husky to get you on. beer thats easy, but a bike is possible as well (ya break ya buy type deal) R (LI NY socal transplant)
    we may be able to get some hoagies for lunch too.
  9. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool of you to do a ride with the CH crew. Im usually up for any ride that supports the Husky community. Just depends on the dates and work--but pencil me in for sure. :)

Mojave Trail with a night in Laughin? Salinas hot springs? Ive got a 100 mile roll chart around Dumont Dunes....Husky Rally?
    :thumbsup:

Please consider joining us from Tecate to Mikes, or further south if you have the time. Dec 27-28th. 14 Cafe Husky riders. More info here:

Or join us pre-running the baja 1000 Oct 12-19th. 11 Cafe Husky riders.http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4238
  10. krasht Husqvarna
    AA Class

SoCal Desert

I would be interested in either Anza Borrego Desert or Mohave near Barstow. I live about an hour and a half from Anza Borrego.
  11. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

Count me in if its before December, can non Husky riders attend?
  12. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sure.I would love to bomb south for a little get together ride. I could pick somebody on the way down. I live in the middle of CA.
  13. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Walt there was one outside of Missoula a couple of years ago... I don't know why they went out of business though...
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kevin,

It was in Lincoln, which is about 90 min northeast of Missoula and in the middle of nowhere. I am sure that had a lot to do with them going out of business.

Walt
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I think that is a wonderful idea. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that Cafe Husky has a wide variety of skill levels though, might be best to just assume that having 2 groups because of that. I would be in the slow group - I do ok in the mountains but am incredibly slow in the sand. While I'm healthy at this time I simply cannot afford to get hurt again.

I've still got a couple of 'real' tires from Michael that he gave me. We can take the trials tires off my bike, put those on, and you could ride my bike. Then I could take yours in the slow group (assuming there are enough riders for 2 groups).

:cheers:
  16. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

An opportunity to ride with the great Scot Harden (a contribution factor that conviced me to swap from KTM to Husky this year I might add, good enough for Scott, it's good enough for me!) and the guys from Cafe Husky, no brainer, sign me up! I'm with Droolsport, can I bring a few friends I converted over to KTM that I'm stuggling to convert over to Husky?! Man... I spendt a lot of years getting them on Orange... Hope it doesn't take as long to get them to go Red/Black! Great idea... My vote is Winter, but I'll go with the program.
  17. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Scot, Great idea! Name the time and place. I'll be there.
    Paul Pecoraro
    Moorpark, CA
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I will be watching this with great interest. Anza Borrego is very convenient for me and I would be in the slow group.:thumbsup:
  19. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    Pencil me there! Name the place and time.
    :cheers:
  20. rexr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    I'm up for a group ride and should even have a Husky by then.. :thumbsup: