1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st spark plug

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kx3089, Mar 19, 2010.

1. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    What spark plug are you guys running? I've been using a BR8ES in my WR250 ,stock plug is a B8EG.What plug will I get the best performance with?
  2. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    My previous bike (GasGas EC250) used the BR8EG as stock. The BR8EG is the fine electrode. The BR8ES is the standard (thicker) electrode. If you are jetted good, both worked fine on the GasGas and it sounds like the WR250 is similar.

There is also a BR8EIX with iridium electrode. This gives a stronger, more concentrated spark. If your bike is jetted slightly rich, then the iridium plug can help some.

On my Husky SM610, there was a steady throttle hesistation at 4000 rpm. The iridium plug on this bike made it work flawlessly with no hesistation. I guess what I'm saying is that there are better plugs out there if your bike is being finicky. If your WR250 runs fine on the BR8ES plugs, then I would just run them and save your $ for other goodies.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I use the BR8IEX. I seem to have to change it a couple times a year or I get a miss at high rpm. I don't think the WR ignition is real powerful.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If your bike is supposed to be running a resistor plug, run the BRES; if it's supposed to be running a non resistor plug run the B8EG. If you do a lot of trail riding at lower RPMs, some times those fine wire G and V designation plugs will foul easier than a regular thick wire S style plug.
  5. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I run the BR8EIX iridium. I'm a big believer in them. What Matt R posted about them is correct.
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I still run the plug that was from the factory. Bought my bike in December before Christmas and hav ebeen iceracing mostly. I have the BR8EG. And the way my bike is jetted now the plug is dark grey and shiny and no spooge on it at all. Totally clean and looks perfect.:thumbsup:
  7. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Denso IW24 (NGK B8ES/B8EV eqiv.)
    Denso Part # 5316

I buy mine in 4 packs on Ebay from a company called Pili-car

Get your jetting cleaned up running a Champion N2C $2 at autozone then go to the Denso plug.
  8. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    BR8ES here without any problems.