Speed Brain Rally bike

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ruffus, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Husky4life Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    to many to list
    I would like to take it for a ride!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Did you all notice, it doesn't look like it has the coax rear set up. It looks like the countershaft is forward of the rear mount, traditional standard set up.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool bike, love the details.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I couldn't really tell when the FS shaft was at but if it is not a CTS setup, someone has built a new engine ...
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    nope just moved it forward some.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Are you sure that is the same engine? Sounds radical to move an engine that far forward in the frame unless all the other weight in the rear of the bike counters that added, forward weight ... These are big heavy bikes and that movement might be possible ...
    '
  8. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did you notice the rear tanks? I'm sure they add quite a bit of weight on the back when full. If the Moroccan rally is any indication. These Husky's are also the fastest bikes in their field
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, this is all pretty interesting with the bike changes ... And the racing results are great and this TE engine is sitting at the top of the heap on speed for these 450 bikes? Makes all the bashing pretty dim on the new model bikes with this engine ..

Just another example of $ being applied to a Husky and it runs at the front of the race ...
  10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    This is your te449 stock
    te449.png

This is your speedbrain on drugs
    speedbrain.png

Any questions?

You can clearly see the weld on the swingarm and that the pivot point is not the same. However, the sprocket doesn't clear the pivot... so I guess they cut a channel for it?

It's obviously a different frame, too. Look at the different shock angle for one. And the frame itself for another.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for those side-by-side pics ...The sprocket not clearing the pivot I though was just a bad camera angle but it does look like maybe some funky engineering at work here ...

The new bike got a cool shifter for some reason also ....

EDIT: Rear wheel suspension: Aluminum dual swing arm with WP Trax rear suspension

WP stuff front and back ....

12. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    Stocker has the short shock attached to the top of the swingarm, Speedbrain uses conventional through-the-swingarm bellcrank and pullrod set-up.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That top of the SA design gave away about an inch of travel ... I'd guess at the speeds these guys go, an inch of travel means a great deal out there in those boonies ...

Not sure how much that added knuckle under the bottom adds to the suspension equitation on the perform side ...Apparently its pretty important as some leave this design but return to usually ...
  14. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    the speedbrain bike is bmw g450 frame or at least started that way,i think,maybe or ive been wrong before ?
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think I heard once where these bikes go through multiple engines during this race? Does anyone know any details here on engine life over this race?

------------------

You could always to some degree say that it is the same frame and please correct me if I am wrong...but after the bmw engine got passed over to Husky, a new frame was made for the released TE, TXC, and TC models ... That first bmw frame had like no cradle or something and was not what the general public might want on their bike ...

With that said, I'm not sure what frame these guys are using ... Almost has gotta be unique from the looks of all this ... I'm sure someone here knows what is going on ...

I'm liking what the riders keep saying on the speed they can get from the engine ... The high performance engine work here should trickle into the production models as a side effect of racing and spending $$ for development at this top level ...
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This is the old BMW bike revamped not the 449/511.
    mnb and robertaccio like this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    that is the answer from motosportz, its highly developed and in shop modified GS450X.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    concerning the weight I am sure its very well balanced, it just appears rear heavy, remember the front of the skid plate is a water tank. Almost 8.5 lbs per gallon low and forward of CG, plus the entire nav package and fairing mid-high and fwd of CG to counter any rear fuel weight @6.lbs per gal mid rear closer to CG.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Its the husky engine in there through

At the heart of the bike is the Husqvarna TE449 engine, which has been modified to handle the demands of rallying. Husqvarna is responsible for the development, design and overall performance diagnostics of the 450cc engine, and supplies the race-ready power train to the Speedbrain team. The Husqvarna TE449 engine is one of the bike’s biggest strengths and has been optimised again ahead of the 2013 Rally Dakar.
    Ruffus likes this.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I like the fuel cell, nice gold foil, interesting how they moved the fuel pump away from the hot engine, replacing the third member with a fuel cell is nice though I like the all aluminum one better. Electronics are different, no more capacitor near the hot engine. Fuel filter is very nice, especially for questionable fuel refills. Like the billet rear break lever. The exhaust is much larger in diameter. I see the oil level is pretty high, nice oil cooler setup. I dislike the loss of CTS and the linkage is vulnerable down like that. I wonder how they fixed the torque limiter?