1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st speedometer help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by braddenning, Feb 26, 2012.

1. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    my speedometer om my 2011 wr 300 does not register the correct miles ,about 1/3rd of actual distance traveled. the dealer gave me a new one . went riding today and at the end of the day i noticed that the new speedo was in kilometers and was reading 30kmh at the end of the ride. i changed the mode to mph and now the odometer reads 12 miles !! i actually traveled 36 miles today. whats up with that ?any help ???? oh the mph seems to read the right speed
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My speedometer/odometer worked fine until about 120 miles and then would randomly go backwards and sometimes forwards. The speedo seemed to work correctly but I was more interested in the odometer so I unhooked it and put it on the shelf. I've read several posts similar to yours but also speedos that would eat batteries so that's why I decided to ditch mine.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    +1 on lankydougs post. gone thru 2, same problem as yours both times. records incorrect total kms, randomly switches off and on & trip doesnt save-tried with battery too(WTF!-who came up with that idea bmvarna?). Shite, pure shite. ditch it & buy a trailtech vapor. the amount of speedos ive heard of/know of that have stuffed up on the wrs is totally unacceptable really. ktm can get it right & put an hourmeter in so come on husky!
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    That seams to be the norm so i hear !! VERY disappointing ! think im going for a ICO checkmate
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

One of the worst spedo/odo designs I have ever seen. It only took me a month to ditch the POS and put a trailtech on my WR.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  6. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    what trailtech model did you get an who from ? thanks
  7. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    I never even hooked up my factory speedometer after reading about other cafe members having problems with theirs. I put on a Trailtech Vector and love it. I considered the Vapor to have a tachometer but thought it unnecessary with a 2 stroke. The Endurance model doesn't work off of the bike's electrical supply, nor does it get very good reviews. Got it direct from Trailtech (free, fast shipping). I did cobble together a harness from the stock unit supplied with the headlight/speedo.
    I also wired a switch to my stock headlight so I can keep it off unless needed after reading about the Ducati ignition not working well with the headlight.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    PLUS 1
  9. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just used the generic Endurance model. Small and the battery has so far lasted over two years. It tracks run time also so you don't need to spend the money on an hour meter.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Here is a pic of what I replaced my speedo with: Just bend a rubber coated aluminum clamp an it perfectly replaces the Speedo unit and can be tweaked to properly aim the headlight.
    IMG_0115.JPG