1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Speedometer

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Philmooo, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Philmooo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 450 EXC
    2012 WR 144...
    Does anyone know if the speedometer (computer) needs to be connected to the wire harness that goes to the stator (the harness that comes with the bike)? I thought that because the speedometer had its one battery I could eliminate some of the extra wires and just run the mag pickup wires from the computer.
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    As the stock item will pack up as soon as it smells water I would replace it with a trailtech unit
    The new endurance II fits the original mounting holes perfectly and only needs to be earthed and powererd up from a live from the stator, just fitted one on mine and am very happy with it unlike the pile of junk thats fitted stock
    rockdancer likes this.
  3. Philmooo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 450 EXC
    Is it that bad? I will run it for now because I don't want to spend the money for another just yet. My KTM one seems like it will run off the battery. I checked the battery (one the husky speedo), its good but it wont turn on. I can't imagine it has to be wired to the bikes power
  4. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

The one on my 09 wr125 is still working and it's seen the pressure washer many times.
  5. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think it has to be wired in the battery in it is only for memory.
  6. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Correct. It won't run off the battery, you need stator power.

Mine is brand new, works fine, except it doesn't remember the time or trip mileage. I have swapped the battery and nothing helps. Really frustrating!
  7. Philmooo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 450 EXC
    ok, thanks for the info!