*** New Dates! *** Spring Fling Husky Ride, Stonyford, CA, May 13,14,15

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Feb 10, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    *** This ride was postponed earlier due to excessive rain and snow. The new date is now May 13,14,15 ***

** We will be camping at Davis Flat, on the left a few hundred yards past the Gray Pine Group Campground. Thanks! **

Hey, everyone! We had so much fun at the PNW Ride that we want to do it again!

We're meeting at Stonyford in the Mendocino National Forest in Northern CA on May 13,14,15. *These are the new dates!*

Stonyford Recreation Area Link

Stonyford features quite a bit of varying terrain and has something for everyone: tight stuff through the trees with lots of elevation changes, wide open quad trails, huge long hillclimbs, rocks and creek crossings, easy dualsporty routes, lots of forest roads, a lake to swim in if it gets warm, and a small play area for kids. It even has a monument to a fallen Husky rider up in the trees :thumbsup:

[IMG]

EDIT: We will be camping at Davis Flat campground. $5 per automibile. There is no running water at any of the campgrounds!

Directions To Davis Flat Campground
    (Lat - 39° 21' 25.77599", Long - 122° 39' 12.12479" )

From the South - From I-5 take the Maxwell Road exit (#586) and travel west through the town of Maxwell for approximately nine miles to the "town" of Sites. It's really nothing but a collection of small homes at the junction. Turn right at the T intersection onto Sites-Ladoga Road and travel for about 15 miles to the town of Lodoga. Again, just a bend in the road with a few homes, one of which will have bizarre concrete "art" structures on the right side of the road. Turn right at the junction, cross the bridge onto Ladoga-Stonyford Road and travel for approximately 8 miles to the town of Stonyford. The little Stonyford Market in front of you is the last stop for ice, food, levers, gloves, beer, etc. Turn left at the stop sign, drive two blocks north to Fouts Springs Road and turn left. The Forest Service is on the right and usually has trail maps right near the front door. Grab one if you don't already have one. Travel on Fouts Springs Road (Forest Road M10) 9 miles. As you come down into the valley you can see the campgrounds off to your right on the far side of the creek. Pass Mill Creek campground, cross over the bridge and turn right onto Forest Road 18N03 towards Davis Flat and drive approximately 3/4 mile. Pass Gray Pine Group Campground and Fouts Springs campground on your right, cross the bridge, and Davis Flat will be on your left.

From the North - From I-5 take 162 west from Willows and travel 23 miles. At the junction turn left onto County Road 306 (Stonyford-Elk Creek Road) and travel 18 miles to the town of Stonyford. Turn right onto Fouts Springs Road (Forest Road M10). Travel 9 miles. Turn right onto Forest Road 18N03 towards Davis Flat and drive approximately 3/4 mile. Pass Gray Pine Group Campground and Fouts Springs campground on your right, cross the bridge, and Davis Flat will be on your left. I've never gone this way. You can also drive 19 miles south on HWY 5 from Willows to Maxwell and follow the "From the South" directions above.

Nearest Store and Gas: In the town of Stonyford. You will drive right by it on your way to the riding area. They also carry a few levers, gloves, oil, etc. There is also Squaw Creek Resort, a small restaurant/bar with gas and a dump station, that you will pass on your way in to Stonyford.

Water: There is no running water in camp at this time. We will be bringing extra water jugs (about 17 gal) in addition to the water in our van. There's a creek nearby :)

ORV Tags: The Stonyford area is open to Red/Green sticker vehicles year-round. If you do not have a sticker program in your own state and/or your vehicle does not have a valid ORV sticker, you must purchase an Out-Of-State Non-Resident Permit. They can be purchased via mail or at various establishments listed in this link... http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

Confirmed Attendees
    WoodsChick
    Coffee
    Flying Trash Can
    HairlessKitty
    XLEnduroMan
    jerbear
    Daniel508s
    Manic

On The Fence
    SFTE450
    SRAD600
    Flying Trash Can and Coffee like this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Edit! We will not be camping here! We will be at Davis Flat which is the open area at the base of the hill on the right side of the photo!

'Like'

I will be there!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Sounds fun, I'll have to see if a red sea can be parted and I can get the time off.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I knew I could count on you!

Sweet!! [IMG] It'll be great to see you again!

You want I should call your "boss" for youse?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    90% in. Rode there before, fun stuff. It's been a while though as my 04 TE450 (#144) was nearly new then. Had a 04 CR125 with me too.

Hey, I'll bring a 2011 TE511 for everyone to try. [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Definitely fun stuff, especially with a license plate. Not necessary at all but it opens up a lot of possibilities. :)
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yay!! [IMG] I was hoping you could make it, Kelly [IMG] Will be cool to see the new bike, too.
    Eric really wants to get a ride on a 510, and I'm sure he'd be jazzed about all the newfangled gadgetry on the new model.

I know the Oregon ride was a long haul for us, and I'm guessing that's why there weren't too many SoCal Cafe Husky members there. I'm hoping that Stonyford kind of splits the difference and allows
    me to meet even more of my Husky bretheren from down south [IMG]

WoodsChick
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ya know that lake I mentioned? It has fish in it...
    (Dirtdame, are you listening?)

[IMG]

It was frozen solid a few years ago in January and the ice sounded like the singing of whales...
    [IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Count us 2 in. '08 TE 310 and 510 ready to go. Excellent!
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Woo-hoo! When I was thinking of Stonyford I figured you and the Kitty would be able to make it :)
    Are you guys familiar with the Gray Pine Group Campground? If so, whaddaya think?
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Wha...huh....did somebody mention fiddies?[IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why, yes! As a matter of fact, someone did! :D

I know you've got a lot on your plate (including some tasty fish, probably...) but if there's anything I can do to make it easier for you to attend, all you gotta do is ask :thumbsup:
    We've got a garageful of bikes, too, if you wanna fly up!
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  15. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I almost feel foolish saying this seeing as how close it is, but I have never ridden at Stonyford, so I am not familiar with the campsites.
  16. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    I should be able to make a day trip on Sunday the 27th.
    Coffee likes this.
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    In! Can I borrow your bike? Actually, bikes need to be plated in order to ride the last 100 yards or so to Lett's Lake so bring a TE, ok? [IMG]

What?? :eek: Well, I can see how you would feel foolish :lol: Where do you usually ride? I think you're usually a little further to the east in the Sierra, right?

Cool! See ya then! Bring that Dan guy from Vacaville with you, too :)
    Coffee likes this.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I should be able to do a day or two.
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right on! Did you get another bike yet?

Gee... wonder why they're so rare [IMG]