Spring is just about here. 03/10/15

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    ....and we still have had almost NO winter down here. Another lovely day of trail riding at Corral Canyon, with temperatures in the low 80s. Still in a drought, but it looks like there will not be a "Miracle March", and the last month that we are liable to get rain is April, but I wouldn't count on that either.

Meanwhile we enjoyed the empty trails and goofed around with our video cameras to give a different perspective to riding the routes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNee807nCew

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFTDjdIoKs
    dave lindsey, bigjon and ray_ray like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First VID makes bike sounds sort of like a ~muffled 440 Hemi v8 ...

Where's the new gopro angle VIDS?
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The Contour fender mount video is also sort of wavy from the vibration. I think it's just a bit too jumpy looking for my taste, and makes the bike sound like a flatulent Harley.

I used the GoPro for the rearview cam. I like that effect. Nice and smooth and a good perspective of the person following.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    So you just turn the camera backwards on your helmet? It does look pretty smooth at the 1080 setting ...

That trail looks really fast also ...
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    almost spring,, crap it was 95 here in spring valley today almost 90 in Nado.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    95 in Esco on Saturday, too. Looks like Mother Nature decided to skip spring and jump right to summer.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. TooOld Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    All gone
    Hi Dirt Dame, I've probably missed it, but have you tried different angle settings? I have a hero black 3+, but because of tearing a calf muscle, haven't used it (or ridden my TE 449 for tooo long):(. So for "tighter" trails, I assume you use the widest angle setting. For open country or gravel roads, what's your opinion? I don't really like the curvature in open spaces...
    I've another 3 weeks of physio for my leg, and now the rains and winter nears..rats. Once right, riding will recommence.:applause: I hope.
    Nice Vids too. Cheers.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I tried the medium FOV on my GoPro, but it was so narrow that I ended up taking a movie of my front fender mostly.:( You would have to be very precise in the angle of the camera mounting when using that setting. I deleted all my videos of that ride after reviewing them on the computer and I went back to the wide angle FOV setting. I like it much better than the wide angle on my old GoPro, which had a really pronounced "fish eye" effect on the videos. My old GoPro had better contrast, color and sound quality than the newer 3+ though. There is a lot of "white noise" when things get quiet on the newer camera. I don't like that at all. I sent an e mail to the tech support staff, which must be staffed by teenage chipmunks, because they were of no help to resolving this problem.
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    Try shooting in Protune if your cam supports it and then letting GoPRo Studio convert upon import. Records with diminished contrast and then adds back in post. I agree with the FOV as I tried the narrower fields but went back to the wide view. My results were much better from Hero 2 to Hero 3 black. Was much better if you looked at the sky where the old came was noisy as hell in blue gradations. The 3 black had much less noise. It does all go out the window with speed and shaking though.
  10. TooOld Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    All gone
    Thanks for all that info. I'll try all the aforementioned settings once I can get mobile again.Cheers.:cheers: