1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc spring rates

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by skid, Jun 29, 2010.

1. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

what would you venture for spring rates on an 08 cr 125 for rocky nasty woods. Mine has .43 up front and a 50 on the back I weigh in 180 to 185 butt nekid so figure 200 lbs kitted up. It came with a .46 up front but that was pretty stiff for woods work. I have a 52 in the box that I could try on the back. I could steal the .44 out of my gasser and I have some .42's from the gasser that will work too. I don't have any real time on the .43's in any rough stuff. Seems maybe a touch light in the open quad track stuff.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Beware of MX spring rate generators. They are usually very far off for an offroad bike. Remember you want the front to drop going into a corner so you can turn tighter. Most woods trails don't have berms. I would think that .40 fork springs would be more than enough for your weight on an offroad bike. I had .40kg springs on my KTM 250XCFW and I weigh the same as you. .42kg springs were too stiff. You want fork rider sag to be about 25% of travel. Static sag about 40-45mm. You should have about 75 to 80mm rider sag on fork. You should have about 105mm rider sag on the rear with about 35mm static sag.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am 10 pounds heavier then you and I run 5.4 rear and 4.4 front. Les at LTR recommended these rates.
  4. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Again you are correct Vinduro, spring generators are usually corect for MX/open terrain and don't take into consideration the technical rocky condition you have in New England. The 5.0 or the 5.2 could be a good choice for the rear depending on how you like your turn entry feel and if your fit enough to stand most of the time. Be very sure you are useing the correct procedure to check sag, on that 125 94-100 mm see sag set procedure at www.werproducts.net
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There you go. Vinduro and Drew are wise. :notworthy:

Someday they will have to explain how they went so fast with 2 shocks with little travel that would fade even if they were mounted to a busy bars front door on a friday night! Also before the concept of any ability to externally adjust.