Stampede Res.(Truckee area)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by CKPC, Jun 6, 2009.

1. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Went up to Stampede Res.(near Truckee,CA) last weekend with my older son so he could really try out his new(used) KDX. We brought the trailer and camped a couple nights, even got some fishing in. Met up with some friends and had a great time. Weather was in the 70's with some thunder storms thrown in, but they didn't last long and made the riding fantastic. I had never been riding in this area and was surprised there was so much there. As with all of the riding in CA I worry it won't be long before we are shut out of most of it, if not all.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Looking back at the Truckee area and Stampede Res.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Checked out an abandon fire lookout tower. Below is Verdi,NV and Reno even further out.

[IMG]

A great place to take the family, didn't find much single track but also didn't explore enough. Plenty of trails for beginners and just beautiful.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks fantastic. You're right about thing closing down though. I went on a ride today with some friends and I wanted to show them some of my favorite trails I haven't seen since last year....and they were marked as wilderness this year.:eek:
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :thumbsup:

:applause:

Nice little weekend getaway, your son looks faster than you :p

:cheers: