1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Stator Cover drain hole..

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BCdirtbikegal, Aug 3, 2012.

1. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    So I had my skid plate off for the first time since I got the bike and noticed that there is a drain hole in the bottom of the stator cover. Inside was very dirty, not surprising with the mud I have had the bike in lately at races. Some people have suggested blocking this hole... silicone or jb weld, but then would need another hole up top to provide venting. Has anyone here done this?
  2. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    I sealed mine before I ever rode my bike. A couple of months later I pulled the cover and it was full of water. I now run it vented......
  3. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    oh really? so did you just make a new hole in the top? or just put it back to how it was?
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    seal the hole but remove cover and clean regularly, invest in a 3/8" tek drive youcan remove it in seconds i don't bother with a gasket.
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    The ignition cover needs to be vented to allow condensation to evaporate. When your motor is hot and water or mud gets splashed on it when riding,condensation happens inside the ignition cover due to the differences in temperature.I have seen ignitions after the covers have been "sealed up" and they looked like they came out of the ocean due to the corrosion that happened. I have seen ignition covers sealed and a small nipple threaded into the engine case with it's own breather hose routed into the airbox. This is what I may do to my wr eventually!:cheers:.
    Jersey Woods and BCdirtbikegal like this.
  6. NFA1934 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    several !!
    100_1462.JPG

If you happen upon a damaged spare clutch cover,separate the threaded boss for the factory vent and fit it to the ignition cover for a 'factory' look.....A bit of work,but worth it....