1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Steering Damper for CR125 2012

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by racerjake549, Mar 17, 2013.

1. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    nighthawk 700s, 2x Piranha 190 pits.
    steering damper.jpg Can anybody direct me to a steering damper that looks like it came from factory? Honda did have and may still have on CR's. Would like to have one on CR and TC. Needs to look stock. Dont want to give anyone in the stock class something to cry about.
    thanks!
  2. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    I saw a weld on kit to put a CRF one on a KTM but I can not remember the site. It wouldn't be hard to make the mounts just look at a Honda to see how they do it.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
  4. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    If you haven't already, Take the headset apart, clean and regrease with Bel-Ray waterproof grease, and run more bearing preload on re-assemble. It really calmed my '12 CR125 down. I was getting some headshake in high-speed chop, now it is stable.
    surfer1100 likes this.
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Marc, Bearing pre-load? Are you talking how tight you tighten the nut under the top tripple?
  6. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Yep exactly. It can be a trial-and -error procedure, as tiightening the top nut changes the pressure on the bearings, too, because it is torqued to a tighter setting than the bottom nut and the load on the bottom nut threads shifts from the bottom edge of the threads to the top (damn I'm over-complicating this!!). Make a final judgement with the front wheel on and the top nut and forkleg pinchbolts tight. If it is too tight the steering will not want to self-center to a straight track. When you get it just right it will not be noticeable when riding it will self-center but will resist unwanted movement/headshake. Usually you can judge that by putting it on the stand with the front wheel up, it will not flop to it's steering lock without a push, you'll notice the drag but it will still feel smooth and not bind. All bets are off if your bearings/races are beat brinelled and need replacing!!
    CelticDude and Blakelpd5 like this.