1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Stinky bike

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ks9mm, Apr 12, 2014.

1. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Hi all,

My wife is making serious threats against my wr300 because it stinks up the garage too much.
    Is there any way to make it less stinky?

My guess it's all those carb vents that make is so stinky... I thought I heard about some device that connected all those vent hoses to small filter or something...

Any suggestions?

I don't want to keep the bike outside and don't have separate garage or shed. My garage is really part of the house now.
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Man up and take back your garage.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Stick a muffler plug in the silencer when your are storing it.
    Kyle Tarry likes this.
  4. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Can't do either :(

Wife cooks too good, not willing to give that up :)

I have Leo Vince silencer with spark arrestor screen, plug does not go inside. And I don't want to cause any forest fires..I guess I can try to cover the pipe with some rags or something.
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    How big are you going to build your shed?
  6. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I doubt it's the carb, although I could be wrong. I have had plenty of carbed bikes, including my 610, and they aren't stinky.

I think it's the result of premix in the exhaust (like PowerKord said). That smell gives me wood, but if the wife really can't handle the awesome, try covering the exhaust (with someone not breatheable, rags probably won't work) and see if it's any better. Heck, tape a ziplock bag over it to see if it helps.
  7. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    Buy some Frabreeze (sp?), a plugin air freshener and clean it up with some pine Sol next time! Will smell like a clean house out there! Get some scented 2cycle oil (they make like strawberry and some others) and you'll be set!
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Try a different brand of 2 stroke oil that smells better! None of my two strokes stink up my garage, and they all run on Motorex Crosspower 2T. I also always wash my bikes and drain the carbs before they get put away after each ride.:p
    allphazes likes this.
  9. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    ha ha! good one guys!! I ran amsoil interceptor because it burns best at lower temperatures and it smells just fine to me :) I do wash the bike, it's so clean that I am embarrassed to post a picture of it!! I will try plastic bag over exhaust.. with some rubber bands
  10. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    i wish man!!.. but i live in NJ, there is no room for shed big enough for my bikes :) some day when I move to real America, I will build detached garage for my toys..
  11. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Womens's noses are more sensitive than most men's noses. I use Amsoil Iinterceptor also, and I'm not a fan of it's scent, but don't notice any smells out in the shed where I park it. I would try what Dirtdame suggested with draining the bowl. I just run the bike with the gas off. If your washing the bike without a muffler plug, your packing may be getting wet. For a while, while riding, my bike would randomly let out a horrible musky smell. My buddies would even comment on it. After switching oils and packing, I haven't had it happen again.
  12. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Any way to set up an exhaust fan in a window or a bathroom exhaust fan in the garage? I keep an exhaust fan in my window 24hrs a day to combat the smells.
  13. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Just start farting around the house a lot. She'll have no option but to banish you to the garage, which you will then be able to stink up to your content.
  14. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    this is my preferred method...it works perfectly
  15. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    if you can, buy ethanol free gas. regular pump gas with ethanol stinks horribly. plug the end of the fuel cap breather line too.
  16. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Try Shell VSX Honestly it smells like shampoo
    Ya wife will be spending more time in the shed but !!! You might have to put a shower in there so she can wash her hair in it.