1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Stock Magura Bar Bend

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mattmcphail, Oct 3, 2016.

1. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want to go to a taller set of bars but I'm having trouble finding the stock bar bend to use as a reference point. I've Googled and looked around this site with no luck. Does anyone have the info or measurements?

Thanks
    Matt
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Hi Matt-
    This isn't much help: I went to measure my bars but there was just too much crap in the way to put a straight edge anywhere on them (besides it's 43° out and raining- my bike is in a detached garage). Anyways, I would guess the rise is 40mm or less. the pullback is fairly standard, and the width is (was) 32" IIRC. I'm guessing yours are bent or you can't get a straight-edge on 'em?

Basically, I'd call them a CR-mid or CR-low even. A pretty standard bend. If you get a "high" they'll probably be fine. some shops used to have displays where you can get a better feel for the bars, but not many nowadays.
  3. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks! I put a tape on them the best I could but with a imperial measuring tape, all the crap in the way etc the conversion just seemed way off. I may try an enduro bend which may even be higher than the CR High. Seems like I can buy an average set of bars for what a decent set of risers costs.

I'm a 6'2" C rider. Looking for something to help me feel more comfortable and stand more. I rode an enduro with a lot of whoops this past weekend. Standing and looking forward down the trail my helmet hits the back of my neck which then pushy it forwarded forcing my goggles down on my nose and face. I need to be slightly more upright.
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'm 5'11 and have EE 5/8" bar risers and ProTaper Woods Hi bars on the 300, I cut an inch off of each end and now they fit me really well.
    Instead of bar risers on the 165 I got Tag Mini Hi bars, they're 29 1/2" wide already with hi rise and not much sweep. Very comfortable when standing, but just a little ape-ish when sitting. I think the real solution for me is a 1" taller seat on the 165, but not a big issue really.
    :cheers:
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    If you like the bars you have; - suggest a set of taller bar mounts