1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc stock replacement slide

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by oneal, Nov 12, 2011.

1. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Hi all, i need to replace my worn stock slide in tmx carb on my wr 250. My local husky dealer wants $163.00 way to much. which by the way is a 4.0. Does anyone know where to get a replacement other than the local dealer. Sudco only show slides for honda tmx's that ive seen so far.
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I guess you are right. Most of the stuff I have ordered lately for the more modern stuff has been very reasonably priced. I priced one for a 2004 at halls on line,

8D0086918 THROTTLE VALVE 4.0 $152.72 $152.72

Wouldn't a slide need replacement because of grit? Might as well get a new carb at these prices. My 2004 came with a spare slide and a few misc little brass pieces which I assumed was different than the one in it but never investigated.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I have a tmx from an 09 300 that I have been toying around putting up for sale. It is basically brand spanking new as I put a keihin on shorty after I got the bike last winter. PM me if interested.
  4. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Have you got a price to just re plate your old one? I lucked out getting mine 4.0 from where I got my bike from, he just had it laying around.
    You could get a complete carb for 240 from JD or Motosportz, if i was getting charged that amount for a slide.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    There must be hundreds of the mikuni carbs sat on peoples shelfs gathering dust as they have swapped for the keihins
    So if no one is going to offer one to you perhaps you should consider a second hand PWK from flebay as this is a better choice and will work out way cheaper
    You would be welcome to my old one but being UK based it is a bit of a nightmare for mailing but I would be willing to do so !!!