Stolen! (Australia, Sydney) 06 SM 610

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Gnash Britches, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Gnash Britches Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey all,

Posting this report up on a few boards (mostly local), but I know there are some Aussies on this board and the more Husky eyes out the better, I figure, so Café Husky might be able to help, too.

The bike was stolen last night out the front of my house in Darlinghurst. I f****ing LOVED this bike so I'm really floored by it. Have invested heaps of time bringing it back to standard after the P.O. really did a number on it. The money is one thing, the time is another.

Anyway, thought I'd post up some details in case anyone had any ideas on what I could do - or at least just a pat on the back. First time having a bike stolen so any tips or suggestions would be great.

I've added it to the Stolen Dirt Bike register, but here are some more distinguishing features too:

- 06 SM 610, grey/black plastics, mostly 100% standard.
    - There's a tear on the back of the seat near the release pin.
    - Plastics are pretty scuffed due to luggage from touring on it.
    - There's a scuff on the right hand rear model number, the "SM 610" sticker is noticeably warn through.
    - Clutch lever is snapped in half and wrapped with insulation tape from a recent droppage.
    - Muffler has a Giant Loop clamp/bracket on it for luggage.
    - Fork covers have Dunlop stickers on them.
    - New Avon Distanzia tyres which are pretty distinctive.
    - Had one of those rego-tubes for the sticker right above the number plate
    - Has BMW/Aprilia mirrors and thin LED indicators which are different to standard
    - Has black tape around the back of the fan from fallen off rubber.

Below are a number of photos showing some of the features described... any ideas/suggestions/sightings would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]
    Scuffed Plastics by Gnash Britches, on Flickr

[IMG]
    Front of Bike by Gnash Britches, on Flickr

[IMG]
    Mirrors by Gnash Britches, on Flickr

[IMG]
    Cooling fan by Gnash Britches, on Flickr

[IMG]
    Side View by Gnash Britches, on Flickr
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Mate, I hope you get it back in one piece. Good Luck
  3. Gnash Britches Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks ghte - no word yet and I'm not optimistic. Would love to know how these guys operate, though!