Stonyford on the 511.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Since I bought my TE511 about two and half months ago I've been riding every weekend and it's
    almost always up in the Sierra's at one of the many trail systems east of Sac. I've been anxious
    to ride Stonyford on the 511 as many people will tell you Stony is the "Mother of all Trail Systems".
    I can see why...place is unbelievable. Endless killer trails for days and insane hillclimbs
    Was going to be riding with my nephew, who's 17, but got flaked on Sat. morning. Man.....when
    I was that age riding was my life........anyway so I went by myself, again.
    Now I don't want just sound like "Kelly JR." (Motosportz) here but man.... I really love this
    bike offroad. It handles everything so well. I can hardly wait to get the EFI dialed in (Mon. hopefully)
    and get that extra power as a bonus...bonus boost...:lol:
    This bile really kicked but on some steep, rugged terrain.
    Here's a trail clip. Camera doesn't really give a true perspective I don't think of hills and terrain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBLu4J1-ZH0
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Nice video, jerbear :thumbsup:The terrain is flattened out, for sure, by the video camera. I love that trail! We rode it in the opposite direction at the Husky ride and my buddy Glen fell on the log crossing when it was really fresh and broke his wrist. He finished out the day, but it is not a place you want to fall off by yourself, that's for sure. P1000188.JPG

Thanks for the video! We should have another ride there this fall after it gets some moisture :thumbsup:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :lol: Funny

I just got back form 74 miles on mine after the JD thing...WOW. Bike freaking RIPS and has a pile on top it never had. Yes, i am a broken record about this bike, i freaking LOVE it. It's a DS bike but I don't really want to ride anything else off road. Glad you like it too.