Stonyford

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Sep 22, 2014.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    With the fire raging up in the Sierras I decided to head west toward the coastal mountains.
    It's been a while since I've been to Stonyford. First time riding the 300 there. The hill climbs are
    intense. Not featured on this clip, unfortunately. The climb from the Goat Mountain Rd. staging
    area is really long and steep in some parts.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHKQZzm5tyY
    dave lindsey and bigjon like this.
  2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    The hills are something else there for sure.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Love that place.
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Me too, crashed there about 20 years ago, broke my back, had to be airlifted out. Great riding and the hill climbs are crazy.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Thanks for sharing Jerbear. Looks really nice riding country.
  6. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    there was a fire through there a couple years back
    how much damage did it do?
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Hey Jerry, I just picked up a 2009 WR 250 this past weekend. Stoked.
    jerbear610 and ray_ray like this.
  8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This was my first time back to Stony since the big fire and the affected areas are evident but that place is so big and spread out that in the four hours that I spent riding there I probably only hit 5% of trails
    that make up that trail system. In fact of all the times that I've ridden there (which is only like 5 or 6 ) I would estimate that I've probably only seen around 20% of the trails there. There's a reason why people refer to Stony
    as "the Mother of all Trail Systems". Miles upon miles of cool riding throughout some rugged mountains. I would love to hook up with someone who's familiar with that place to where I can venture way up into the mountains and
    not have to worry about finding my way back to my truck.
    Hey Teambowles, I remember hearing a story a few years ago (on "TT" I think) about a dude on a Husky getting air lifted out of there, or it might have been a news clip or something. Was that you?
    Cosmo.....CONGRATS on your new smokin' smoker. Now we definitely need to hook up for a ride. Too bad the Sierras are on fire. Man...that is some depressing shit going on up there.
    BTW, I might be selling my 511 in the very near future as I might be getting a new bike this weekend. More on that later. If I do sell it I'll post it in the classifieds here. I've poured my heart,soul and mucho $ into that bike.All
    the bells and whistles and I love it like a son but something even better might be in store. We'll see very soon.
  9. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Make sure to pick up a map at the ranger station when you turn onto fouts springs road. There's a kiosk in the parking lot that has maps. If it's empty, check by the front door. There's some great trails there. Some scary as hell trails that I would rather not attempt again. It sure is the mother of all trails around the northern half of the state.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    those people have never been to Idaho. :D
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm intrigued. I love my 511 too. I've been dying to do some of the iron man dual sport rides with it, but I can never seem to get my act together for them. I'm doing Yerrington with some buddies on 10/3 - 10/4.
  12. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I love the sound of that 300 and how you can just cruise along no big deal....makes me think my 125 isnt quite right for me :(
  13. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I had mentioned that I might be selling my 511 because I was
    going to look at a bike over the weekend, something even better. The bike I went to look at was a
    2008 Husaberg FE550 and I have no doubt, had I bought it, it would've been better than the 511. I drove
    all the way up to Tahoe to look at it but didn't end up buying it. Dude selling it was a bonafide
    bullshit artist. I shoulda smelled it just from our phone conversations but I wanted it so bad. He says
    over the phone it was plated from factory, fuel injected, new tires etc... he wanted $4900 for it. Of course
    I researched it and found out it's not FI, not factoty plated but still is a bad assed bike. So I'm looking at
    it and say to him "isn't that a carb?" and he says it looks like a carb but there's an injector inside of it.
    Anywqay he continued to feed me all his bs as if I'm stupid so I asked him if I could ride it and he says
    "cash in hand". I handed him an envelope w/49 $100 bills just so I could test ride. I hop on and ride it and
    it's got a flat rear tire.... Longs story short, he tried airing it up but wouldn't hold air, bike seemed
    a little sketchy, I offered $4k, he got offended, I grabbed my envelope back, we exchanged some words, he tells
    me to get off his property, I gladly did, and that was that. Dude knew nothing about his own bike,was a conceited
    little rich boy punk.
    On a positive note... I brought my 300 with me up there and went up a day earlier and rode a little Nevada
    Desert. Met a very cool local guy at the staging area with a new RMZ250 and ended up riding with him. He was
    a lot faster than me and used to sand, which is something I don't know if I'll ever get used to nor do I want
    to. Conditions were ideal and I had a blast trying to keep up with him. Great guy, fun ride.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZLwlgBcxk
    268fords and bigjon like this.
  14. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet with that 550.

I would keep the 511 being its plated and you know the history. Mine is a beast but I am just too short/lightweight to be husling around a heavy 4 stroke in the woods/trails. Thats why I went with the little green sticker 125 to play on. Learn the ropes.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    you lucked out your 511 is a way better bike.
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm starting to consider trying to trade my TE 511 for a TE 310. After riding my WR I'm realizing I just don't need all that damned power and weight. My son (on his TE 250) and I won't be racing around all that much.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    People always get this wrong. You need to keep the bike with all that damned power AND get a te310:)
  18. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Yea, and a sugar momma to finance it all! :thinking: I already have three bikes, and I need a new mountain bike and road bike (bicycles) because my son is racing and stole my high end stuff for that. And there's a couple of fly rods I've been looking at to add to my collection. And that seasons pass to sugar bowl. And my truck needs new mud tires. It never freek'n ends.

Hey! That sounds like a country song.
    268fords, 2premo and LandofMotards like this.
  19. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

dude
    your focus is off, this is Huskyville and all those other things are just that, other things
    all i heard was blah, blah, blah
    three bikes is an Ok start, bit of an underachiever and all :D
    Cosmokenney likes this.