1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Storing stuff under seat / in airbox

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Jun 29, 2009.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am looking for a way to carry a tube/tire irons/ axel wrench.

I tried a MSR fender pack yesterday and it made it about 3 miles before falling off and getting destroyed in my rear brake.

It looks like the rear seat has enough room in the center of it to hold a tube. I think I could just tape the levers and wrench to the subframe in the airbox.

Has anyone done this? Are there any downsides I am overlooking?

Thanks
  2. Beerfix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '05 TE-450
    The only thing I could think of is that I wouldn't want anything getting loose and tearing a hole in the air filter. I carry all that crap in my backpack/hydration pack.
  3. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

same here. I'd only worry about stuff getting loose. I used to carry stuff on my fenders. The tube pack on the front fender... eventually fell off. I've noticed that people in my area don't seem to do that any more so maybe I wasn't the only one?? I stopped carrying a tool pack on my rear fender after I saw what the weight does to a fender. riding behind another rider I noticed his rear fender flexed like a hinge under the weight of his fender mounted tool pack. Now I carry every thing on my back for long rides and in a fanny pack for the shorter stuff. I don't really like fanny packs though.
  4. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    I've put a tube behind the headlight-works if you have it packed well. they sell a fanny pack for handlebars that works great for that stuff too-think it was an ATV item. taping the tire irons to the frame member lasted thru an enduro fine but I did a good tape job:)
  5. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Somewhere on TT there is a post where a guy used a pvc tube, capped the ends and wrapped his irons, tube, tools inside and used a hose clamp to mount it high on the front of his uptite skid plate. I can't seem to find it though. I like the idea of that location though as it's accessible and the weight is low.
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

I zip tie the irons and axle nut wrench to the sub-frame under the seat and a patch kit in the back pack. I've never carried a spare tube. I guess I like living on the edge.:D
  7. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. tallywacker Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a little rear fender pack from Wolfman. I use the straps and an extra boat strap to keep it from bouncing around. The base can be screwed on, but my tail lights help keep it on. It did great on an 80 mile trail ride.
  10. tallywacker Husqvarna
    B Class

Haven't thought about the fender flexing. The frame comes right up to the front of the pack.

Attached Files:

11. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

my drz did not have much fender support from the subframe. I noticed the gasser and husky seem to have a little more metal back there. I ride pretty rough terrain and did not like my butt hitting the pack either when I had to slide my rear over the back fender. Just have some one ride behind you for a bit over the roughest terrain you can find see what they say. Keep an I on the area for fatigue if you keep there. I could see the tress marks in the yellow zookie fender.