Strada vs Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Terra Tom, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Terra Tom Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX250S - sold
    Hi All - I'm new to cafe husky and love all the info I have found on here about the TR650's and I am super excited about these new Husky's having finally made it here to Australia!!

I now have to make a tough decision - Terra or Strada. I grew up on a farm riding dirt bikes and have just recently started getting back into bikes. I have just finished my provisional licence period on a KLX250 S which was perfect for getting my bike legs back, but now it's time for the next step and the TR650 looks perfect and from all the awesome info I have read here I am hooked. The reality is that I spend 98% of my time commuting and given the Strada comes to Aus with ABS I know it is probably the wiser choice, but the farm boy in my just loves the lookout the Terra.

So what does everyone think. Shoul i go with my heart and get the Terra or gowith the head and go for the Strada (and the ABS)... What does everyone think?
    FabOneUp likes this.
  2. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Suzuki DR650
    I also will spend most of my time commuting NYC streets and just like you, I love the look of the terra and I've always liked the look of dirt bikes in general. Therefore, I'm not even considering the strada here. Also, I've seen a few ABS terras, but haven't checked the dealer for more info yet. You should probably look into that since it might be the best option out there for you.
  3. Dalmatino Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv1000
    Get the Terra than lace up an extra set of 17" wheels, and volla, you got two in one :cheers:
  4. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I faced the same dilemma, and chose the Strada. Here in the US it's the only way to get ABS. For the type of off road I'll do, I don't need a 21" front wheel. You can put dirt/adventure tires on the Strada, you can't put ABS on a Terra without a lot of effort.
    Tomocan likes this.
  5. Dalmatino Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv1000
    Is the ABS switchable (on and off) on the Strada?
  6. Dalmatino Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv1000
    Is the ABS switchable (on and off) on the Strada?
  7. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
  8. Terra Tom Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX250S - sold
    Hmmm - tough one, it doesn't look like we are getting the abs Terra's here so the more I think about it, the Strada does really make more sense... Just not the biggest fan of that street front guard! I wonder how hard it would be to change it?

Krussel are you going to put a screen on yours? I'm thinking the husky one should be fine for me and probably the motorsportz skid plate (already emailed him) and that should do me.

Can't wait to get my hands on one!
  9. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    The Strada has some strange mounting hardware for the bottom of the front fender. I think it would be difficult to put a Strada fender on a Terra. A Terra owner would have to weigh in on how the front fender mounts before I would know if it would just bolt onto a Strada. I think for tires like Anakees and the like, the front fender would be OK if there wasn't any gooey mud. I doubt something like D606's would work due to lack of clearance.

I'm a fan of clean air around my helmet. I think the benefit of the screen would be lost in that it will just toss the same air higher, likely right into my face. I've done a lot of 1/2 - 3/4 day trips on naked bikes, and it's just fine for my style of riding, which is mostly under 60mph. If I was going to spend a lot of time north of 60, I might want something.
  10. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Not very hard it seems, and <$50 for parts. See http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/650-strada-is-here.28361/#post-267897
  11. Terra Tom Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX250S - sold
    Well it is sorted - just saw this post from Bill over on the mods thread

So now I can get the terra front end look (which I much prefer) with the abs and road tyres I need!

Anyone with a terra wanna swap front fenders?
  12. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I don't think the Terra has the mounting bosses that fit the Strada fender.