Street ride... IE the good weather is finally here...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, May 25, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Been getting out for a street ride or two in the afternoons as it has been getting better. Just thought I would share. New to the owner FZ6 which is a cooler bike than i thought it would be a much faster than it should be. Also new to the owner is the cool 07 Guzzi Breva 1100, cool bike. and lastly my old trusty and wonderful FJ1200...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Fantastic day and back roads near Mt Hood...

[IMG]
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Dude, that Guzzi is BAD! I want it.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks like very cool riding weather and terrain but already know the PNW gets very nice when it finally gets nice ... Is that Guzzi air cooled? I don't really see much of a radiator up front for the water...

What yr model is your FJ1200 Yama-hammer? It fits in pretty well with those much newer model bikes ...
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yeah, looking out the window I think you are full of crap...

It seems that this year we can not have more than one nice day at a time. There was flooding on the freeway on my way home, that was some crazy rain. Oh and the flooding was on a bridge!!!

Later,
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The Guzzi IS air cooled. I don't think they even make an air cooled bike. It is EFI. Pretty cool. My FJ is an 86 and has less miles (well did up until the last ride) than the 07 Guzzi at 6900 miles. My FJ I got from a dude that let it sit in hios shop for a decade and then gave it away, was one of my greatest finds. $800. It was not running but all it needed was a battery and the carbs done. So i yanked the carbs and did a stage # carb kit and 4-1 exhaust. Runs better and is FUN. as far as fitting in we traded off. I think I like, my FJ more than the Guzzi. The Guzzi is ultra cool for sure but does not excite me to ride. Almost to quiet and detached feeling. If it had a pipe and took the windshield off and spent some time on it I'm sure i would fall in love. I had a Superhawk which was FAST and fun but super uncomfortable after 50 miles. So I sold it and got a BMW K100, it was SUPER comfortable and nice but ultimately BORING. I wanted something between the Superhawk and K100 so sold the K100 and got the FJ which is perfect for me and my needs. Glad I found a low mile cherry one as I will keep this bike for a long while I'm thinking. The Guzzi reminds me of the K100, a little boring and not the soefull feeling i want in a bike. But like i said it is a louder pipe and a little attitude away from being very cool. It is typical Italian flare, super nice up close, neet attantion to detail and cool little components throughout. Nice bike for sure.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yesterday was sunny and 72 though, got to hit it when you can. With the sun going down later it is EZ to rip out 100+ miles after work.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I asked my local Guzzi dealer about "air cooling" on the Guzzi's... his response: "They're OIL cooled"... I took that to mean "air cooled" [IMG][IMG]
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They actually are air / oil cooled. Early GSXR's were too. Basically big oil cooler and jets spraying the undersides of the pistons, works well. I like the idea.
  9. oldskool63 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good pics and nice FJ1200. Have you ever had a chance to ride a Superduke? Just wondering, I hear people really like them.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Actually I have, was at a KTM Demo day that was incorporated into a DS ride. Snagged a cool super duke and freaking LOVED it. Was like a real modernized version of my Superhawk. Wheelie machine with awesome handling and brakes. VERY cool bike.
  11. oldskool63 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweet. I've never heard any gripes about that machine. I've got a Duc 999 that I love, but I think the big Katoom could replace it and keep me grinning. Better yet, add to the stable[IMG]
  12. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    How is the FZ6 to ride? Is there any wind protection offered by the little fairing?
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I did not ride it as it was the first ride on the bike for the new owner. I'm sure I will in the future. The owner really liked it and i was amazed how fast it was. did 200 plus miles and he seemed very happy. Seems like a great bike.