1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Stuff Breaking that really shouldn't

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Acmesalute76, May 9, 2012.

1. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    First it was my exhaust mounts. Both of them broke off in the middle of the race (not from a crash either, just broke while I was riding) and I did the last lap with no silencer. There was still material left so I drilled holes in them and fabbed up some brackets to mount on. Now, the rear mount has snapped off at the subframe, right at the weld. So now I have my new bracket (which didn't break, by the way) hose clamped to the subframe, and I'm just hoping the front holds up.

Then, I notice that one of the triangle pieces that mounts the top of the engine to the frame is cracked in half right at the bolt hole. And don't get me started on the poorly designed shrouds that I think I broke in 2 weeks.

I am fine with destroying expansion chambers and even shrouds; that stuff happens and can be considered wear items. But parts of the frame should not break. This bike is a 2010! The bike is great to ride but things like this should not happen to any bike, ever, no matter how old. I've had much older bikes that did not have issues like this.

Does Husqvarna know about these craptastic issues? Seems like poor quality materials and/or design. I plan on mentioning it to the dealer next time I order parts.
  2. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    I've owned a lot of japanese bikes in the past and the first thing i did with my newly purchased 2012 WR250 was install some MSR bark busters.. I had to move brake and clutch levers around a bit and when retightening one side the back bracket cracked in half.. I was using a small socket wrench applying normal torque to it.. hopefully that isn't a sign to come of how the rest of the bike is built and I just torqued it a bit too far.. sounds like you've had much larger issues than that though..
  3. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I experienced the subframe/silencer mount breakage also and it was from the mount bolts being over tightened. I now have a 1/4" aluminum plate for the rear mount and the stock one is still on the front location. Make sure the bolts are just tight enough that they don't spin, I use blue loctite to make sure they don't come off. As for the shrouds, I break them all the time. Racing and riding, I found that leaving the front mount bolts off help. I made it through 4 races before the right side decided it had enough and broke completely off. I consider these small issues since I ride my Husky and love it like a child.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Those brackets are easy to break. Try tightening the bolts while you are spinning the mount slightly, as soon as you can't move it freely give the bolts about a 1/4 of a turn. You should be good and check them frequently. I have a 20+ races and countless practice time on my stock levers and mounts, I run them with teflon tape to allow spinning if I crash and they get removed occasionally for cleaning. Also, the brake bracket is Brembo just like KTM uses so it is not a "Husqvarana" issue.
  5. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    well thats reassuring, thanks
  6. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I broke the kick starter on my 2008 CR 125 20 minutes before the start of the Pine Hill Enduro last weekend. I'm glad it happened at the trailer and not at a reset in the middle of the woods, because you just can't bump start a bike with an EFM clutch! The lever broke where the boss inserts into it. Cracked in half.

I was close enough to my house (25 minute drive away) to grab a kicker from a 1998 KX 250 that I happened to have lying around. The boss size for the KX is slightly larger than for the Husky, and I could not attach it with the pinch screw, but it worked well enough to start the bike all day. I just had to slip the kicker into my boot after getting the bike started.

It's unfortunate that by the time I manically rolled to the start line, the start workers had already taken everything down. I got somebody to score me 30 minutes past my start minute, and then I proceeded to blindly follow the arrows for the second loop. I ended up missing the first two checks completely, so an automatic DQ. But I finally caught up to my buddies and had a fun day in the woods, none the less.

Yeah, I kind of wish the kicker hadn't broken, but I suppose stuff happens. It was the catalyst for me to finally order my 2012 WR 125 :))
  7. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    +1 on the silencer mounts breaking, maybe the newer bikes subframe's are not as strong as the older bikes, ive never had this happen to any of my 2000 models.:thinking:
  8. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Mine broke on my 07 wr250 the last time out. The front had been broke for a while. The silencer lawn darted straight into the perfect dirt. We came up with this and rode many many miles of gnar with no problems.

Attached Files:

montgob1 and lankydoug like this.
  9. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    +50 on the silencer mount... It's weak... I got the FMF turbincore to replace, and this thing is super, super stout....
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You should at least have the decency to paint that stick red.
    Fema and Lincolnlock like this.
  11. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Carefull about the FMF.. it needs a weld job at the can inlet.. the outlet insert can break loose as well.
  12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Ah shooot...... I have no idear what your talking about, but it sounds like it needs some reinforcing before it breaks?
  13. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

yah.. i can fix yours up. Pretty easy.