Stumpjumpers Desert 100

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Did anyone do the Ironman or the race? How was it and did many Huskies compete?
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Did the family poker run with my daughter on Saturday. Finished the race for the 1st time on Sunday! Camped out with some great company. Weather was awesome this year. The sun felt good! The 250 did great. Rear tire is toast, but made it through the race. Bleeding slime from several places. Hands, shoulders, neck sore as hell. Good fun. Still waiting for the results to be posted, so I have a goal for next year.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, always liked that race ... I'm an Ironman though and not so the racer guy on Sunday ...

No problem making the first loop on a stock gas tank? How was the start? The one time I did do the race, it was crazy on the starting line ...
  4. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Daughter's talking about trying the Ironman next year. I think she could do it easily. She's riding a CRF150RB and would need a bigger tank for sure. I've got the 2.9 IMS and had no fuel quantity issues at all doing the 50 mile laps. Stock tank would be cutting it REAL close.

I observed the start from afar[IMG]. I just walk to the bike after the cannon goes off and let the "racers" do their thing. Here's a nice crash from the 2nd Wave start for people doing 1 lap. He's doing fine now. Some stitches and stars. [IMG]
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wow .. was that guy who crashed gone after the dust cleared?

See any Huskies out there? I think I see a Husky at the 1:05 mark ... A 2T!!
    desert_100.jpg

Second Husky rder at 1:15 ...

desert_100_2.jpg

The one year did the race, here is what happened:

The string of starting line bikes stretched a ~1/4 mile or so and went down a small grade so we could not even see the end of the line of bikes on the front end. Many guys were walking in front of their bikes clearing out a path (as if that would help), me and my riding buddies included ... We were about 10 yards in front of our bikes when the cannon shot ...My buddies and I just looked at each other :) ... WTF? Some guys were 50 yards out in front of their bikes when the cannon went off ... they got dusted as they came back to their bikes :) .. it was so cool ...
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    There were several Huskies out and about. Some of the Yellow/Blue included. I know of 3 for sure that finished:thumbsup:

IMG_20110410_153716.jpg IMG_20110410_083052.jpg +Schrode on his WR, no pic of him but he whooped us all:notworthy:
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice job Greg / David. [IMG]
  8. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    The whoops are still a major nemesis. They get really deep and filled with rock laden silt near the end. Eat up a lot of energy if you can't get the timing right. I'm learning to hate the location of the kill switch on right thumb. I killed the bike twice in the whoops bumping it with my chest. Got to look into an alternate location or something. The damper helped me relax a lot more this year. No blisters!
  9. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I was on my WR300. I have done this like 6 times now. NEVER and I mean NEVER have I had a better bike for this stuff. Its got the motosportz dampiner(which is a life saver...get one) on it and LT suspension job. I was so confident aborbing so many kller hits with that killer combination that I got a flat 55 miles in when riding through the rock gardens. Rode out the last 45 with total front flat. grr. My gloves where all bloody from the blisters on top of blisters. lol
    Heres video of the start of a race with over a 1000+ racers...
    http://contour.com/stories/desert-100-start
  10. firecrackerkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390 OR, 84 250WR, 83 175WR
    No pics of the race this year, my weekend ended up a mess. Here are a couple pics of the RV city though. i estimate at least 50% more rigs than last year.

Attached Files:

11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    need to put a momentary kill not that clicker off and on thing (that is what you have right?), had the same issues on my machine. on climbs I would click it off, man that really is a kill joy and ruins your drive.
  12. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    R,

It also performs duties as the power on/off switch unfortunately. I need to research options. Maybe I'll call George.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I had the same issue with my 2010 TXC250, needs relocated.
  14. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  15. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Man, I probably saw you and you me somewhere in the jungle over there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because I was passing you though[IMG]. I try to notice the Huskies when possible. Saw several 2-strokes out and about. I was a 250 with a tool bag on the rear fender and a shower cap over the tool bag FWIW. Maybe we'll meet someday. Cheers.
  16. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Ah...I actually do remember seeing that and was wondering what the tool bag thing was. I tried many a time to mount a rear fender bag and it always failed for one reason or another. Thats why I remember it.
  17. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Well, it's a Touratech rack made for the 2010 TE250 I decided to try based on, I believe, Old Husky Rider's information. The tool pack is a Blue Ridge Racing toolbox in a bag! 4-5 lbs. Currently using a pair of Rokstraps to secure it. Biggest concern for me is the 3 mounting bolts cracking the fender. So far no issues. I'm going to switch to some fender washers to help spread the load at each bolt on the bottom. The D100 was a pretty good test, initially.

IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0278.JPG

I was also using Touratech's front and rear axle pulls since the 2010 250's don't have them[IMG]. Front one lasted one ride in the woods before the handle snapped on the brittle aluminum design[IMG] from some kind of hit. That was a really tame ride at Green Mountain. The rear is still intact and is better protected by the swingarm from a sideward blow I think.

IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0281.JPG

I should have tilted the front axle pull handle further rearward for some protection by the fork guard. Live and learn............