Stumpjumpers Golden Spike hare scramble

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ioneater, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    What a great event! Held at Packwood, WA. Combines a twisty maze on asphalt with some pristine single track AND some old building foundation obstacles including a 5 ft loading dock jump. You transition between asphalt and woods several times in the 7 mile loop. For me the asphalt was a bit of a rest period and felt very nice at my old man pace (open vet 1.5 hour course ). Weather was perfect, blue skies and a predicted high near 80F.

The txc performed flawlessly. Tubliss at both ends running 8psi, LTR massaged suspension, Motosportz damper, Motoz Enduro s/t's both ends and JD Powersurge Efi tweaker to round out the mechanical bits.

My goal was to finish the race and that did occur successfully! Don't know where i placed but it wasn't last, hehe. Am awaiting some pics from some friends to hopefully post here later.

Perfect day with friends and awesome conditions!
    Motosportz and WHITEROCKET5.9 like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Packwood is probably in the foothills of Mt St Helens... There are some very good trails heading back north into the Gifford Pinchot National Forrest from there ... Boundary trail #1 stretches 30 miles or so and is very good riding where ever you can get on it at ...
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice Greg, awesome event. [IMG]
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He knows the area well / has ridden Gifford. The Gifford trails are SOUTH of Packwood. There are a few North called the Sawtooths.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Boundary 1 trail is not north of Packwood? Seems like have heard of Sawtooths but never ridden there...
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope all the "gifford" trails are south of hwy 12 that Packwood is on.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    In any event, Boundary 1 has many spurns off it for riding in the Randle area off hwy 12 also for riding ...

Here is a map ... Randle is back west of Packwood ... Take RD 131 out of Randle and head south to GPNF... What this map does not show clearly is a 'Y' intersection just a couple miles down the road 131... This allows 2 different entries into GPNF ... Forrest RDs 23 and 25 maybe ...

Two different areas of GPNF and both have great riding after the snow is gone

Attached Files: