1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc sub frame swap?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surge, May 25, 2012.

1. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Did an awesome stunt on the 300 yesterday which totalled my sub frame, how far back can i go year wise in sourcing one that will fit? Not many wreckers with any recent Huskies locally as far as i can see..the dealer wants $1080.for newies so I'm scouting options!
    Cheers
  2. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    99 was the last year b4 the new slimmer seat and tank,what yrs yours?
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

06 and up has the same sub-frame for the WR250/300. 2000-04 will work but the end holding the back of the fender are shorter and don't support the new fender quite as well. Compare the one off your 360 with the 300 and you will see the difference.
  4. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Thanks gents, unfortunately the 360 isn't close by for me to measure, the above info has opened up some options for me though. Last question, were 4 stroke subframes the same as the 2 stroke ones? Found an 07 online and got wondering...
  5. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Sorry to be a pain, does anyone know if 4t subframes are interchangable with 2t ones?
  6. bhima Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310. 05 510. 04 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM R30 644. BETA REV 3
    i destroyed my subframe on my wr 250 04. i got a frame from a 4st and was told it would fit. it didnt. it had to be modified in height and it is wider so my panels dont fit properly.
  7. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Cheers bhima... looks like I'd best hold out for a 2 banger one...
  8. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Got the 360 back, pulled the subframe off and they're almost identical, a perfect fit on the 300 anyway. Not sure if I'll ever rebuild her, might offload her so someone can do that 6 speed trans mod.

Twisted much?
    [IMG]
  9. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    You should be able to straighten that top one out without much work.
  10. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Yeah, not so convinced myself matey, I reckon I'll find it difficult to get close to usable again, I'll give it a go though.
    the upside of this debacle, the brand new FMF Turbinecore I had on the 360 fits the 300 like a glove... nice to have a win every now and again
  11. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    What would you use to straighten it out? I put a little bend in mine and want to fix it.
  12. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I have used a 2x4 placed in between the spars while the other side is clamped down,I have also used a friend to hold one side while I twisted the other straight,A piece of pvc pipe over one of the spars works as well, it all depends on where the sub-frame is bent and how badly.Good luck!:cheers:
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will ask around at this weeks NE Husky Gathering and maybe someone has something around that they wouldn't mind parting with and we can see about getting it sent down under.
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You can anneal the bent areas and it will be easier to bend and less likely to break.
    To anneal it, coat the area with soot from a dirty torch flame. Then get a good clean flame going and slowly heat until the soot just burns off. The annealed areas will regain their strength by just sitting for several hours.
    I have used this method to straighten and bend many different aluminum parts.