Sunday ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Norman Foley, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My friend Hutch and I took our 250 2T's for a ride this morning. My '12 Husaberg TE250 and his '02 FBF CR250. It was the kind of day, that it would be easy to stay home... 37 Degrees F, rain, sleet and wind. We warmed up on the open MX portion of the loop, but quickly decided to head into the tight woods to warm up our bodies and hands. Super slick, with lots of leaves down, but not too bad once you got your "sea legs". I always think I'm barely cracking the throttle, but Hutch differed, as he showed me his helmet covered in mud from my roost. He said the only way he kept his goggles clean, was doing the "Springfield Mile Tuck". Ride was a little too short, but I'm so glad we didn't bag it for the weather!
    [IMG]
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sleet does sound a little on the hard side and yep, adding wet leaves on top of about anything will be owl dodo slick :( ... After riding in those conditions, when it does turn dry, you'll be jet-fast out there!

--

Wrong time of the yr but looks like deer hunting woods to me ...
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ray some years it hardly dries out at all. It will dry out now, if we get few sunny days, but once the leaves are all out..... it may stay fairly slick, if it's a rainy year. At least we'll blow the leaves of the trail, as we ride more. Yes, when it dries out and you have traction, it's easy to go fast. Riders from my area are noted for being good racers, in slick and muddy conditions.

Great deer woods.... That light stuff in the background is about 75 acres of corn for deer feed. We were riding in a couple of different herds today. There is a very big buck in these woods, that landowner's friend had first dibs on.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's about 2000 ft and a more northern exposure. It stays Winter a little longer up there.