Super Moto Wheel Compatibility with TE630.

Discussion in '610/630' started by rean1mator, Sep 19, 2010.

1. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

Per the dealer I bought my te630 from it looks like the 630 hubs are the same as the 610. Was wondering if the the other husky sm hubs(450/510) are also compatible?

looking for some super moto wheels for street duty now and wondering what my options are.

thnx!
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I believe Yossarian has a SM kit for sale. He bought it for his 610, though. I don't know how direct of a fit it would be. From what he says, it sounds pretty easy to fit up. He's in my area. I'd buy it, but I'm not in the market for one.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The really great thing about cafe husky is we have forums for different types of bikes (4st/610 & 630).

The really bad thing about cafe husky is we have forums for different types of bikes (4st/610 & 630).

It is possible because you are asking if 450/510 type parts in the 610/630 forum you may not get the answer you seek, because some 450/510 people may not visit the 610/630 forum.

Ideally because it is about more than one bike type it could go into the Common topics forum. Would you like me to move it?
  4. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

ok to just double post?

if not maybe let it sit for a day more and then move it on over to see who responds.

5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The trouble with having multiple threads about the same thing, is that it causes confusion for the people who try to help. They answer in one thread, then they think they seeing double when they see the same thing again. One person had 4-5 threads being very closely related I was getting PMs from people asking which thread they should post in.

I really don't know what the answer is. Contact a moderator somehow if you want this moved, I've been quite busy as of late so I may not see this again.
  6. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I've been tempted to reply but haven't since I try to post only 100% factual information and I don't know anything about the 630 and not so much about the 610 or TE to SM conversions. But I can say that 450/510/610 SM wheel sets have historically been interchangeable. The SM front hub/rotor takes bigger rotor mounting screws than TE front hub/rotor. Lots of info on supermotojunkie.com
  7. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the info jlk.
    So I'm assuming you can just use smaller stock rotor mounting screws when swapping from SM 450/510/6x0? No weird drilling of parts necessary?

edit:
    more i think about it. if the SM rotors have larger mounting holes but the TE Rotors have smaller holes then I'm a little concerned that this maybe an issue if the TE Rotors don't allow for a larger diameter bolt as I want to keep my stock te rotors.

8. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

can a mod move this over to the other forum?
  9. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

well i seem to have found the answer to my questions.

450/510/6x0 sm wheels will fit a 6x0 te. only thing you need to do is just drill the rotor out to fit the mounting holes on the sm wheels.

sm wheels use 8mm screw
    te wheels use 6 mm screw.

and that's that. thanks to dan at motoxotica for the info!
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    So, do you still want me to move this to the 4-stroke Forum for you?

I'm glad you found the answers you were looking for. Dan is the man around this area, for sure :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was thinking the common topics because it is about more than 1 bike...

We really need to organize things better so it is not as confusing for things like this. It certainly an excellent question being asked (parts compatibility)
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    As I said over at ADV, MotoXotica is one of those "good dealers" places that would be able to answer this. Glad it worked out and that you found Dan.
  13. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    I have a set sumo wheels that came off a 2010 sm 510. Just bolt on your exsiting rotors and go down 2 teeth to a 38 on the back...The bike is a pile of fun on the street with the sumo wheels!! Takes about 10 mins to swap them over and dotn forget that your speedo will over read approx 15%.

KP
  14. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

no i think i'm good!
    now the hard decision. go cheap and pick up a set of used 450/510/630 wheels or go bling and pick up set of these beauties:
    http://jcpakbikes.com/hv610/

or maybe a set of offroad tubeless and get my wheels relaced with 17's or just throw some road tires on the 21/18 stockers.

i've always been intrigued about running tubeless for offroad/dualsport. was planning on getting some alpina's for my 990adv until i sold it for the husky.

15. denny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do they make those in 18/21?
    I am sure it's waaayyy out of my current budget, but a guy needs something to dream about.
  16. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

yes they do.
    price is about 1600 and some change for a set. not too too bad. maybe at this price point tho it may be worth it to just go even more bling and get a set of the marchesini's a for a few hundred more. biggest factor would be the weight difference between the march's and the alpina's. I requested the weight of the alpina's but was told that information was not available which kinda leads me to believe they may be on the heavy side.

17. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

I sold those to Yossarian. He has yet to start, let alone finish the project which is mainly shaving some off a front spacer to center the wheel. The rear fits fine (using at TE rotor as SM rotor is 10mm larger). IIRC the wheels were off a 2007?? SM510. It's a great deal if he is selling it. big 310mm front rotor, caliper relocation bracket, rear rotor/sprocket, decent tires, axle sliders, SM axles and spacers.

I just bought a set from a 2008 SM450r as I am back on wanting two sets of wheels (going down to one bike for a while I hope). I need to source rotors, and likely deal with spacer issues up front like before. Nothing terrible, just some time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I also had a rear TE wheel from a 2000 610 that bolted right up, not problems, so there are a lot of years to source hubs/wheels from. I say this encase you find some cheap dirt wheels and have them relaced to a 17" rim.
  18. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

can you explain the spacing issue up front a little more?
    can't i just order/use a spacer from a te since the hubs themselves are the same?

19. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

Hard to explain and I don't have any pics anymore. The SM and TE spacers are different widths. Assume it because of fork width between the two bikes.

My wheels ship today, I will post pics here if the same issues arise.
  20. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

yeah i still confused about why it's problem tho'. why not just reuse the same spacers you are using for the te dirt wheels.