1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Supermoto conversion WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by goincb89, Oct 6, 2011.

1. goincb89 Husqvarna
    A Class

hello all,
    I am looking to convert a wr300 to a supermoto and am having issues finding information on the swapability of supermoto rims from 4 stroke huskys. Anyone try this and know if the axles are the same diameter and sprocket and brake disc offsets. I know the front rotors are different and that i would need a bracket and differnet caliper
    Anyone have experience with this?
    also this link is selling the rims but says it wont fit 2 strokes?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Husq...0968003633&_trksid=p3286.m7&item=360398420256
  2. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've converted my WR300 to SM, the front wheel drops straight in but the rear hub is too wide, some people add spacers to the chain side to stop the chain rubbing in the chain guide, some people machine the sprocket carrier on the hub, but I just bought a new WR250/300 rear hub from motorsportz to replace my old Talon hub I was using in the TE.
    You don't need a different caliper, just use a flat 4mm disc (I use motomaster street) and a caliper adaptor.
    Here's some pics
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

KTM and Honda CRF 450 supermoto rims will fit with the right spacers. The important thing is to check that the rear hub is 150mm wide ornarrower to get it in to the swingarm. Also yamaha has rims that fits. I have Yamaha rims from around 2001 on mine with a 5" wide rear rim. Husky 4-strokes are 5mm too wide.
    Bart likes this.
  4. SeTTi Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triuph Trident T160 1976, CZ 250RR
    Does SM610 rear caliper+bracket fit easily to WR300 fork?