1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Suspension plushness?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rodrigo s, Aug 11, 2013.

?

what can i do to get my suspension softer?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2013.
. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rodrigo s Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr250 2001
    Hey guys, I have a husqvarna wr250 2011 and my front suspension is super harsh on small rocks or on small edges, i dont feel it very plush as it would normally have to be, I weigh 150 lbs and my suspension is standard. my oil level is 100mm below the top and my clicks are just around the middle. what should i do to make my suspension softer/ more comfortable to ride, not so motocross type hardness. HELP PLEASE
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Do you have the open or closed chamber forks? Some of the Marzocchi forks had to have the inner chamber bled ...

After that, oil level plays a very big part in what the forks feel like ... Not sure what the default level is, but some of my bikes I run the oil level much lower than the default amount of oil ...Lower weight oil might help also ...

Myself, the term plush is not what I want from a trail bike ... No deflection with some mild feedback in the very rough stuff is OK with me ...

With all that said, there is also the case that the fork spring rate is so far off, the bike might be skipping the upper part of the stroke making it harsh in the small stuff you described above ... Some of the Marzocchis' had a way to change the preload so that might be an option also ...

Good luck ...
  3. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    I had mine done by Halls and would say I was getting some harshness also but I told them I was going to use the TGT subtank bars, once I put those on it took the harshness away. I'm guessing they had added a little extra oil since they knew I was going to run the subtank bars. I have a 13' wr300
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    For starters, if it's harsh, try backing out the compression clickers all the way. The compression clickers are the ones on the bottom of the fork leg. Turn them counter-clockwise (viewed from the bottom) until they lightly bottom out. Then go ride and see how it feels.

That will give you a direction to work from. The general answer to this is "have them revalved," but even if you do that you can do better if you have some information to give the tuner about how it feels relative to where the clickers are.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    In my opinion, the forks on the WR need some work. If you have a suspension shop nearby, before you have them do re-valving and changing springs etc, see what they will charge you for a sag setting. It's usually not too expensive and it gives you an idea where you are, what you want out of the suspension, and how close to perfect you can get the bike before you spend money to open the suspension up and make changes.
    You may know WHAT you want out of the bike but you might not know just how to get it. I have done suspension on my own in the past and Im sold on taking my stuff to a known professional. My stuff has been done by a former tech for Lafferty so I was fairly confident he had the right research behind his opinions, techniques, etc.
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I back out compression and increase oil level to avoid bottoming out. Works fine for an amateur like me at least. I feel that they are too soft at the bottom of the stroke.
  7. Rodrigo s Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr250 2001
    The problem is, im an very fast on the bike, im 18 and i have raced motocross a long time now and i feel the suspension as an mx suspension and i hit things pretty fast. I read once that going to far from the standard clickers make the suspension not work properly. My bike has the open cartidge type forks.
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    The whole point of having clickers is to use them. There is no way we can guarantee that it will work at any particular setting, but trying different settings helps you (and/or your suspension tuner) understand what the bike is doing. I don't know what setting you are at now, but go out a bunch (at least 4-5 clicks) and see how it feels, and then go in a similar amount and see how it feels there. That will help you understand what it is doing. If you're lucky, you'll be able to get it the way you want it using just the clickers, but if not at least you can give your tuner some helpful information.

If your harshness is on small rocks, opening the clickers up will probably help. If it doesn't, or isn't enough, there are lots of options once you get a tuner to open up the forks.
  9. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Change the fluid first.