Suzuki Thanks Roger DeCoster for 15 Years of Racing Together

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  2. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    ...to a company with with slightly more defined goals and willing to pony up....BMW/HVA please take note.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    He just left with a rookie 450 guy winning both the SX and MX titles .. maybe he sets his own goals? ... SUZ should feel great about the shape he left them in ... No word on the Goose guy yet ...

Apparently there are multiple other rider 'ride' changes happening now and in the very near future on the PRO level .. if bmw does not open its wallet now and field a race (advertising) team in the usa, they are committed to keeping sales and marketing at the current low level ... And I'm OK with that... Its just reality ... Get used to it ...
  4. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    yeah...maybe so. Decoster has always won wherever he has been, then when he leaves it all goes south in short order. Curious to see if this will expand sales for his new employer ultimately, since this will bring a steady front runner/winner and mega exposure. time will tell. as far as low exposure...I have been dealing with that for many years and just now getting sick of it. I fell for the BMW backing and had high hopes of more resources, etc. To most in the MX world, HVA is still quite the curiosity.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    His new employer is already on the move up and this should be like tossing jet fuel on them ESP when you see a different brand on the SX \ MX podiums other that usual ones ... They are already everywhere else ..

There is alot talk out there on all fronts about ama racing teams ... And I would not be surprised to see this start a slow decline at SUZ over the next couple of years ...Dungey will still a force I'd guess if he keeps the same mechanic ... He has totally out classed the MX field this season ...

In what ever case you want to look, the usa is still the largest market to sell in ... Why the owners of Husky are content with sales here is beyond me ... But after watching the effort the company puts forth, it is painfully obvious someone in a very high place is OK with the sales numbers here ... I'd just like to see the bikes race ...
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I guess you know Suzuki fired everybody in the racing department. Cernics Racing will be running what was Suzuki's dirt bike racing program, from what I understand.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Nope.... where does that leave RD and Goose? One report did say DeCoster sounded really bad about leaving ... Cernics Racing is currently tied in with some Kawi race teams I think ... gettin' to be a small world out there racing ...
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow...KTM...really?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats the rumor on a few sites.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It went from rumor of he's leaving to he's gone in about 15 minutes ... The ktm landing zone is not official official ~yet ... Someone go ahead and send Roger bmw's number quickly!
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I guess Yoshimura is going to be the racing arm of Suzuki now. Not sure how it's all going to work, but I think Cernics will run the GNCC and I guess the quad racing teams. I guess the MX side will be something like the Yosh Suzuki with some sort of main sponsor, like Rock Star. Not sure about the WORCS side.
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I think they are trying to tighten their belts like everyone else. Now is not the time to ask for money or long range contracts.
  15. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Big mistake to cut Roger Decoster form the team. Suzuki will never be the same.
  16. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I bet he's going orange .... But got to commend his efforts with Dungey and Carmichael

Roger has done an excellent job :thumbsup:
  17. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    He was my idle when he was racing.
  18. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Here's my WAG, he's going to replace Scott Harden!
  19. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don't see it... but that would be awsome! Now that we have the new 450..
  20. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Word is out that it is KTM