1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Swingarm install question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Mar 4, 2010.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Hi all!

I tore my swingarm down about a month ago, forgot to take pics of how it was assembled and am now scratching my head. I bought the All Balls kit to replace the stock stuff, so keep in mind this is not the OEM pieces. Bike is a 09' WR300.... old chassis.

[IMG]

In the above referenced pic (from the 2008 WR250 manual) it shows one bushing and one collar being inserted into ONLY the inner race. Is this correct? Does the outer portion of the swingarm mount point ride directly against the frame? Or should it also have a bushing?

The All Balls kit came with 2 extra bushings, but I see no way of making them fit into the mix. I assembled mine just as the pic above shows and it all went together fine, but I'm concerned as to why I have 2 leftover bushings :excuseme:
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is correct. Both sleves go one behind the other on the inside.

There are only 2 sleves on each side of the swingarm.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks!
    I needed some reassurance.

I figured it to be correct since that's what the manual shows, but it seems odd that the swingarm contacts the frame directly. Or maybe the collar is long enough to make contact before the swingarm does :excuseme:
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is correct...the collar is long enough.

It is weird...so weird that 2 of the Huskys I bought had bent swingarms from being mounted one sleve on each side, which is wrong.
  5. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello guys.

In allballs bearingkits, there is 4 st dist/spacer. Wich is wrong. In some sparepartsmanuals from husky it is 4 st also. This is wrong. Allballs have copied this error.

Best regards Klas
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, I ended up with some extra parts, too.

But, I still like the kit better than the OE stuff. Looks like it should seal better... I hope.