1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Switch block problem

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Anthony_1978, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yesturday we went riding and it was raining and wet after 1/2 an hour my bike died. here's the vid

[YOUTUBE]Vc3s8HD73zI[/YOUTUBE]

anyway ended up towing it home, it turned out to be a corroded switch block. as soons as i disconnect the switch block, the bike starts anyone else had this happen :confused:

is there a better swich block solution? the switch block sucks, stupid design means the kill switch fills with water easily on a wet ride, it looks rusty inside. an OEM one is $200 Aus, but why would i buy another crap version?

I'm thinking of going commando style and ditching all together and using the choke as a kill switch. also i've got a spare 2002 525EXC KTM one that i might try and retrofit. has anyone tried this?
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

you can take the switch apart, clean off the connections and put some greese on them. di-electric is best but ive found most any kind of grese will work.

put it back together and go.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

In the US they just come with a kill switch. A suziki one has the same connectors (I think, you can compare at a dealer). The last one I bought was abotu $10 and plugged rigtht in.
  4. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok i might get a suzuki version. what model is it from?
  5. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

its all rusty inside:thumbsdown: as soon as i plug it in after a clean, the engine dies :excuseme:
  6. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anthony, is the switch block the one one on the handlebar or elsewhere ? If its the handlebar switch block, then maybe try a brand from another bike. I have done this on road bikes, where the headlight was hard wired on and replaced with a switch which included an on off switch. Not too hard to do.

Post a picture ?

Maybe trailtech are interested.

http://trailtech.net/switches.html
  7. Benny boy Husqvarna
    B Class

I had the trailtech one initially, it didn't last long for me (in really wet conditions). I then moved to a sealed waterproof toggle switch to turn on the lights, got it from jaycar (hugely overkill electrically, but has been going well so far). Link

I then use waterproof MX kill switches for the start, horn and kill functions. (these were $10 off ebay for memory). Like this

Bit of stuffing around to wire up, but so far it's standing up to the water and mud.
  8. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

pics attached. spoke to my Husky dealer and i'm getting the part replaced under warranty :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

9. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

that waterproof switch looks good :thumbsup: