SX has been super fun to watch this year

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wow what good fun this season has been. Not just 1 or 2 guys dominating but a field of super fast guys and some big surprises. Good times.

this is interesting...

After coming away with his second win of the season, one that put him within two points of the series points lead, Chad Reed reflected on the state of racing in 2014 and compared it to years past.
    “It’s hard to say this, but I don’t feel like the pace is any different then when I raced Ricky [Carmichael], I really don’t,” said Reed. “I don’t think that we’ve progressed any. I think the racetracks have become way easier than what we used to race and I think the level of people, as far as how many people, there’s seven or eight of us that potentially can win on any given weekend. Where before, it was obviously only James [Stewart], Ricky, or I. So I think that the amount of people has come up, and I’m not sure if that’s because their all that good, or if the tracks are just that easy and the bikes are that good. That’s my opinion. It probably won’t be judged as a good comment, but that’s just what I see. I just feel like the pace that I ride now isn’t any different than when I used to race Ricky. Racing Ricky and RV is so alike, they both attack the track, they are solid everywhere, they’re there every weekend. In a lot of ways, you feel the same nightmares you have every night are still there. And that’s not taking anything away from anybody, that’s just kind of my feeling.”
  2. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    It has been a great season so far. Reed is a monster when he is "On" and has confidence. It would be great to see him pull it off. Villapoto is a fantastic racer and will be there with the red plate if he can stay healthy but it is not a walk away season like the last few. Then add the others that can and will win each night this has been one of the best seasons I can remember. I only wish Millsaps and Canard were healthy and racing with them.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    And Roczen has shown he is no flash in the pan. Steady and fast, very impressive. Seems like a real cool kid too, love his interviews.
    TemecuCoastie, john01 and mnb like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    That was Oakland. Thanks for posting it was fun to watch.
    Motosportz likes this.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I head Dungey is going to the B team for the MX season...husqvarna
    TemecuCoastie and Motosportz like this.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OH that's cold :lol:. Dungey will get it together; maybe this week. It is fun to see them all going at it with different guys up front and winning. Hey when will Millsap be back?
  8. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    He is farther ahead in points than he was the last two years at this point...

He does better at the east coast tracks where the dirt is more clay based and tacky.

I hope it is not another run away, been an awesome year so far.

Later,
    LandofMotards likes this.
  9. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    san diego was amazing to watch . love the jump round the corner
  10. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Man down. Reed took a monster crash and fractured his scapulae, collerbone, and T1...that's gotta smart....now let's see if he hangs up his boots because he's definitely out for remainder of season with this. That's too bad as he was definitely a contender!!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I read several reports he is going to try and ride this weekend.
  12. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    WHAAAAAAA? That's ridiculous coming from a guy who had separated his Ac joint 3-4th degree mt biking and was literally bound to a sling for a week...love the motivation but there is NO way this is happening..on second thought...I was wakeboarding 5 weeks post injury and NOT being paid to ride...hmmmmm
  13. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
  14. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I am so bummed Chad got injured. He was impressing a lot of people. If he retired after the last injury, no one work question it. But he came back & was a serious contender. A true Iron man. The Kawi seems to agree with his riding style. Bad break having Roczen change lines in front of him while Chad was committed to his line.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  15. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    Roczen did not cause the wreck. Reed was pushing it too hard and was going down 3 whoops into it prior to hitting Roczen. It was bad to see but not Roczen's fault. I hope Reed is listening to the right people and does not come back for the wrong reasons and damage himself even worse racing this week end.
    jmetteer likes this.
  16. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree Micfasto, I didn't say Roczen caused it. I'm a fan of his as well. Just sayin Chad was committed to his line & his line was taken away. Can't wait for Sat. night's race.:thumbsup:
  17. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    You need to look at the video again. Roczen drifted maybe 2 feet from right to left through the whoops. Chad started far left and drifted towards the middle. Clearly not Roczen's fault.
  18. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, OK, I got it...not trying to blame anybody. I watched the video again. Saw it from a diff angle this time. I stand corrected. :)
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  19. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    Sorry dude, didn't mean to pile on, the other post hit whilst I was typing mine. Awesome year to be a SX fan and I hate to see any of the top guys get hurt. I want all of them battling every weekend!
    trailboss likes this.
  20. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles: