Tag Hill 2015 - 08 WR250 first arrival to the valley floor

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You guys might be a little tagged out but not me. It's what happenin' currently with my Husqvarna branded bikes.

--

Busted out the 250cc 2t bike for this gnarled and sort of unknown ride down off this ridgeline and into valley below where the river will be flowing...and beer,..I'll be needing some pain relief upon arrival.

This ride down into the river has been a little more interesting than usual just due to the time away and the terrain and recent heavy rains ... But after the top 1\2, the lower portion of the trail was still in pretty good shape ..gnarly enough but not overly washed away ...

Here's a few pics from along the way over to the ridgeline I'll be riding off... Its good riding weather now I think... cooler temps and not so much blazing sunshine with a rain shower or 2 ...

The (2008) Husky 250cc 2t bike that I'm riding today.
    100_0022_result.JPG

Here's AJs jacked-up underbone bike ... You can see the chain action is a little funky ... Seen others go funky back there also when adding your own rear suspension to a small frame ...
    100_0034_result.JPG

Here's the Husky used as a reference ... Any bike of size, meaning 18" wheels or larger, is gonna be called a big bike here. Engine CC size is almost meaningless in this regard. Yamaha is selling a 125cc 4t enduro-type bike with large diameter wheels. Its gonna be called a big bike here where this 125cc cloned bike is a little bike.
    100_0036_result.JPG

Here's my rear tire sitting at the top of the ridge... It's almost invisible sitting in its rightful domain.
    100_0039_result.JPG
    oldbikedude likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This small water fall is an area that I thought would get washed out but it either handled all the water or maybe not alot of water is fed into the creek above the falls,,
    100_0043_result.JPG
    I'm gonna call this place Mossy Falls because of all that moss looking stuff on the rocks here.

Here's a small video of this area.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uif1JqKNUx0
    oldbikedude likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the river at the bottom ... It looks a little wider and deeper for sure ... But the same really and the water was very clear ... Probably still some run-off from the rains occurring nightly now.
    100_0070_result.JPG

Goat Island is born here ...I guess a goat can swim?
    100_0071_result.JPG

Here's a small video of the river.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2uu3VHwHMg
    oldbikedude likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's some action when I arrived at the valley floor ...
    101_0003_result.JPG

--

Made it clear to all, ESP myself, that 1 bottle and I was out of there... Didn't want to spoil the ride back up that hill or arrive home after dark again.
    100_0057_result.JPG
    100_0058_result.JPG

Bottle #2 and I'm out of here.
    100_0069_result.JPG

The blade \ beer opener in action. This guy is too smooooth---

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5HSVlvN1I
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Few more pics of the valley

100_0060_result.JPG 100_0068_result.JPG

--

Couple pics from the trip back up to the top.

101_0006_result.JPG

101_0007_result.JPG
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the GPS and earth-view of this area ... The really cool part is up that river is the way home with about ~10 too cool deviations to be made along the way throug the mountains.
    Tag_Hill_view.jpg

TagHill_Stats.jpg
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    hey my P I Negrito bolo knife doesn't have a bottle opener carved into it!!
    But my other islander ex Japanese katana has 3 heads carved into the locally made scabbard, one of those heads is probably from the ex owner...OK back to the San Miguel and Motos
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe post a pic of those blades out here when you have the time ... The Japanese were here once and their handicraft might bear some resemblance to what I'm seeing here today. Lots of blades here carried by many.

The guy who had the opener was all excited over his idea to add the opener ... These guys really drink ~daily and the knife opener is cooler than just a bent nail in the wall...
  11. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    id be right there with ya if i was in your neighborhood. love your enthusiasm...the graph chart is a nice touch as well
    ray_ray likes this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That charting software is avail on the trail tech site http://www.trailtech.net/ride-leader ... It'll work with any GPX file most likely and I just started using that chart stuff a yr or so ago ... This helped put the size of this place in better prospective as compared to some other places I had ridden ...

That's GPS generated speed and mileage data ... I should hook up that RPM line in the future ..that data might be a little interesting with 3.5 miles to contend with ... Most of that hill is on a grade and it's really a pull on me to go ~hard bottom to top without chilling in a couple points ... There is usually multiple mistakes to recover from also that burn extra energy ... Its really isolated to most traffic other than feet so the speed limit is pretty high over there even when it is in good shape ...

The guys at the river keep saying the road is gonna be graded again so maybe it'll be graded in the near future ... I'm ready to go back just can't do it now ... What I need to do is travel the river over there and cut the travel time and effort in ~half... but river might be just a tad high yet ...