Take action to save riding area...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Legislation Designating a Massive Wilderness Area in Five States Reintroduced

Representatives Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), Ed Markey (D-MA) and Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) have once again introduced legislation (H.R. 1187, the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act) that would designate a massive 23 million acre area across five states (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming) as wilderness. This means each of these 23 million acres would be made permanently off-limits to motorized and mechanized recreation, including off-highway motorcycles, ATVs, ROVs (side-by-sides), 4x4s, snowmobiles and mountain bikes. It is particularly important to note that the lead sponsor, Rep Maloney, represents Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, yet has introduced legislation that would have an economic and social impact on millions of Americans who live, work and recreate on or near the lands in question. In a particularly ironic twist, Representative Maloney and the other cosponsors will not accept emails from anyone who does not live in their districts. So, these Members seek to force the most restrictive land management on millions of Americans, but will not listen to their concerns.
    This sort of top-down legislation poisons the debate and makes meaningful collaboration at the local level more difficult. Who wants to participate in complicated and time consuming collaborative processes when Members of Congress from thousands of miles away, and who have little understanding of the areas in question, introduce and pursue enactment of sweeping legislation that would make all of that hard work moot?
    Click Take Action link below to send an email to your Representative in opposition to this egregious bill that would forever lock OHV use out of 23 million acres of public lands.

- I'm having trouble linking it as I am a member and it says I already took action so go here and look it up. Affects several states.

Become a member if for nothing else to be notified and send in your thoughts.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I had to copy and paste the letter in an e-mail to my representative directly. This is a huge land grab in my area and directly affects my riding areas. In Ravalli county it will create a wilderness corridor from the Idaho state line to nearly Missoula ~ 100 miles and in many areas extends in large areas on both sides. This area does not meet any of the requirements for designation as wilderness. It is currently roaded, much of it logged, mined, and all of it perfect for OHV use. Virtually none of this grab has any appeal to the hiking/horse riding public considering the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states is across the valley and truly spectacular. The trails in the designated area are only maintained by the us, the dirt bike riders. The areas that are already closed to us through wilderness study designation have virtually lost all appearance of the trails. They are gone until we clear them and use them. Now the roads and logged areas are still there and are frequented by the poaching ohv users. These area's have completely failed the true test of wilderness designation but remain in limbo through the bogus study area rules.

While Husky may or may not exist as a truly "unique" brand in the future. Our right to use our public lands on any brand is clearly threatened by the liberal left. Take the time to e-mail your representative in your district now or forever lose huge tracks of perfectly usable land to government land grab. This land will lay fallow until humans are extinct. Whether the land is used or not it will revert to a completely wild state within a very short time of human extinction. We aren't preserving nature, nature is biding its time while we over populate and then it will correct and eliminate our over population and within a generation these areas will be indistinguishable from any other rugged area. I think that is quite enough of my opinion but when you no longer can ride your dirt bike except for private riding parks, I hope your remember when you could have taken action.
  3. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Don't you love when elitest A-Holes NOT from where you live try to determine how you live where you live????
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This type of BS is what has grown well out of control in the USA over the decades ... I hate it, but it is what America is about today ...Just one f' fiasco after another ...

--

You just gotta wonder what these guys hidden agenda is ... And if you think it is for the betterment of America, you are dead wrong.

--

Most of the elitist (for lack of a better word) are just educated idiots ... They can remember lots of things and this projects intelligence and gets them an education .. Power comes with the education ... But they lack common sense to apply what they know to an issue... This type of person is dangerous in reality ...

--

Toss in no morals and you have a politician.

-

Good luck saving your land ....
    Xanadu likes this.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have been active writing letters and sending emails, but finally last November I realized that the best I could hope for was to briefly delay the inevitable.
    Rearranging Titanic deck chairs?
  7. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Their hidden agenda is easy, Complete control over every aspect of the lives of their Subjects.... I had to notice the "D" behind all the names.........
  8. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Lock up the forest that's what this is called...that's been the policy in Australia (at least Victoria) for a while now with greenies wanting to stop anything and anyone from 'spoiling' nature so they deem it National Parks and Forest. And get this, then we have, at state level, area's deemed State Parks which are practically 'National Parks', then the ever diminishing State Forest which you are allowed to ride in.

Continual battle with bureaucracy over them allowing horse riders and mountain bike riders to have access to these areas yet motorcycle's are as destructive as 4wd according to them.....grrrr
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe but I don't think that is it .. too easy for say and that reasoning is always pumped out to people ... After living 54 yrs, tossing the first 30 yrs or so to not understanding the ways of the world, I'd say it is closer to personal gain of some sort, that we might or might not ever find out about ... Maybe there is a grand scheme but life is too short to see this total control idea ...

--

When I compare the USA to this 3rd world place I'm in now ...the USA is already under total control ... You guys just don't realize it ... Sorry, but I'm just not a 1st world type guy ...
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Like it or not, the world is, what it is, for a reason ... The best example I can think of is AFGN. It grows the worlds poppies because that's all it is good for ... It will never be anything else. 5BIL$ a day spent there will not change it. It can't because there is nothing there but rocks and people who like it that way.

--
    Again good luck on saving the riding areas but the 1st world marches forward relentlessly (:cry:Baby wants a new jet fighter :cry:) ... And it will never stop till a total collapse happens as we have witnessed in foreign countries recently... 2008 might not have been the big one :) ... Prepare yourself :)
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Bout time we wake up and vote them all out of Washington. I guess everyone wants us to live in cities,playing video games.

No wonder the kids have overweight problems/no one wants to work anymore.

Kudos to all the people that enjoy the outdoors, ride responsible, and bond with family and friends.

Done, I sent a message.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The problem is that we are a reactive community. We put money into people that fight for our rights by hiring attorneys. We sign letters to politicians against current land closures. By no means should any of this stop but its only one side of a good plan. We need to hire lobbyists and damn good ones. I'm sure the AMA kind of does it. Even on a local level it needs to happen though. Didn't mean to go off topic it's just something I've thought of a lot lately.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lets just respond to the function of this post and not the politics so these kind of threads can live please. I just gave a heads up, do what you feel is right. Lets not bash this side or that side lets just focus on the issues.
    adam6402 and robertaccio like this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Anyone wanna move away and start a new country? PS agree with Motosportz.
  15. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I love this country.
    robertaccio likes this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Representative from where?

New York City??? That really chaps my hide.

*kidding....(about the new country remark)
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    May want to join the BRC as well (Blue Ribbon Coalition)
    Motosportz likes this.
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Message sent
  20. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165