Taking 5 secs for revs to drop with throttle shut off

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by 101connor101, May 10, 2015.

1. 101connor101 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Husqvarna TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I have a 2010 Husqvarna TE 450 EFI
    After riding for any amount of time; be it 10 seconds or longer, when I pull the clutch in and the throttle is closed the RPM sit about 500 higher than normal idle RPM after approx 5 seconds the revs drop to the 'normal' idle RPM, what is causing this and is there a easy fix? It feels as if the throttle is sticking slightly but this isn't the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
  2. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Loosen the return cable, needs more slack. They don't snap back when not loose enough.
    Adjust the pull cable to reduce slack.
    Later George
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Check the intake manifold for leaks/cracks.
    Tinken likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My issue was with a CARBed bike but sounds about like yours and I just glanced over my should at my EFI equipped 012 TC250 and it appears to have the same push-pull mechanism for supplying air and fuel ...

I broke a throttle cable recently and was trying to ride my bike with a single cable ....Worked fine while the engine was dead BUT with the engine running, the CARB slide would not slam down closed as it did when the engine was dead ... Sort of like you described with your bike, engine RPMs seemed to hang for a moment...

Easy to test ....Just remove that allen screw on the right side of the EFI device that holds that odd shaped plastic piece so you can see the throttle cables pulling whatever it is attached to ... Crank the bike and watch closely when you REV the engine and then close the throttle... The throttle slide or block can be seen rotating open and then closing when you let off the throttle ... If it is hesitating before closed completely, you will be able to see it and it might be one of the cables is out of adjustment as UPT mentioned above.

Not sure why, but it was awfully hard writing that out where it is understandable ... That is, if it is understandable...