Talk about hot

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Troy F Collins, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Temperatures in the mid 90F in our badlands......I spent most of the time trying to get the bikes jetting dialed in after the PV update install....

I had to laugh...as I picked up wrenches that were lying in the sand in direct sunlight as I worked....were almost too hot too handle..:lol:

And the place was vacant....??? :excuseme: I never saw one bike...:thumbsup:

I love this place......what a contrast to the wood forest I was at last weekend...

Now if only I could figure out a way to get rid of the squeaking from my neckbrace/helmet area.....hmm??

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=desert3.flv

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=desertab.flv

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=desert1b.flv
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I dunno....your badlands are still greener and cooler than ours down here. I don't live in the desert area, but daytime temps range from low 90s to about 104 and the desert has been getting up to 110 or there about. We have started to ride at dusk and night to beat the heat. Can't go fast, but we get to see a lot of wildlife that we don't often see during the daylight hours.
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I guess I am speaking in relative terms....from -47 F in winter to 104 F(record high) in summer......its seems pretty drastic for us
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    True that. I can't wait for winter here, always hoping that it will bring lots of rain. Our annual average is under 10 inches and we have had a couple of very dry years lately. In addition to filling our reservoirs and ending some of the water rationing and drought, it is always nice to have cool weather, mud, water, some traction and an absence of dust for us dirt nuts.:D
  5. HuskyT Moderator

Troy... those extremes are huge!!!

I remember one winter 1985 maybe on the Gang Ranch in Central BC when the temps hit almost -61 F and with windchill it was around -72 F . We never shut down the feed tractors ( for the cow herds) for three days

I have been slowly building up to riding in the heat ... what an a... kicker...If you do a lot more riding in those temps try a 661 Cool Core... amazing how much they help you....

Wanna ride Milestone MX with me tommorrow night in the heat? Start driving!

T
  6. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Tim...If I had the time off I would love to come down there....I'll have to look up that 661 cool core.....see if we get it here

:thumbsup:
  7. terryth Husqvarna
    B Class

Socal is a hot place, I spent 8 years in the oceanside and 29 palms areas when I was in the marines back in the 80's. I had an apartment in escondito for a while once with an ex girlfriend. The best features of the Socal weather was that it was not humid and noticibly cooler if you were within a couple of miles of the ocean and that there generally was no weather. The midwest here has had an unusually cool summer this year. It's usually 90's and high humidity here in July. Last saturday riding in the Loess hills the high was 82 and the saturday before was a high of 76. I only hope it continues.
    http://www.jennyandterrythompson.com/Timber Way.htm