TBM Jonty Edmunds tests Meos 250

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Nov 10, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    This will be a synopsis (this 2010 TE250 thing is a real works bike)
    Ok for start a brief list of mods that mentioned (surprising that they are told). According to the article All the tech stuff comes directly from the mouth of Meos Mech. Fred Lavergne.
    Article explains that Meo and his mech are very independent from the CH team and do all their work/training/testing etc at the Meo home in S of France away from the CH racing base in Italia. All parts are supplied from the CH team as well as the Husky factory and KYB Japan.
    Race motors are built tame for reliability, top end is near stock but bottom-mid are enhanced. Meo likes his bike to ride high to clear his chassis and pegs.Suspension is interesting(strange and uncomfortable for lesser riders) with SX style super hard forks that offer little dive weight transfer onto the front under decel/braking. Rear is super supple and plush. Meo likes to spear obstacles deflecting the front off and up and when the soft rear hits it levels the machine, also Meo rides super aggron over the front alot pushing his weight into it on flat turns.Ok list mods to the Meo machine.
    spark plug non electrode type surface type ground for no chance of electrode breakage (140EU each!!).
    "completly different frame"!!! cut apart metal added and rewelded.
    both swingarm (stiffer) and linkage different than OEM. Linkage is different, adapted to use special factory Kayaba shock, linkage has different ratio for personal feel.
    Engine mainly standard, not too exteme.
    massaged/ported head, intake cam change,
    gearbox is OEM standard 6 speed with some massaged parts for reliability, final drive gearing 12/50.
    FI is battery-less, the bike has battery only for the estart, but the bike will start with the battery removed with the kick starter.
    FI body is larger dia and the injector is bigger as well.
    Ignition is different but not some factory works thing its just an ignition that works with the system (sure).
    They experimented with diff flywheels but came back to OEM weight.
    Clutch OEM.
    Higher temp Hyd oil in the clutch to prevent oil boil, its heavier and gives a heavier clutch pull.
    Forks are KYB(Japan direct) B kit 48mm.
    Brakes are a mix of standard Brembo parts (not works stuff). discs are Braking batfly260mm front and solid or vented wave rear. Meo doesnt like very strong
    brakes
    pipe is a LeoVince X3 with oddly rectangular header chamber.

I noted the use of ziptys to hold the injector body to the engine to prevent backfire blow offs and liberal use of anti chafe spiral wrap and ziptys to secure all the wiring and hoses.
    open end RaceTech hand guards.
    Tires Michelin Enduro comps
    Fred modifies and reverses radiators to place the lower protrusion inboard against the frame to prevent them from rock and obstacle damage
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Meo has a metal skid plate with extender tab riveted on to better cover the ignition cover (brand?)
    The chain guide is a combo of the old school Husky movable guide in front of a plastic or sometime carbon fiber MX type guide.
    mid pipe guard is OEM
    Selle dalle Valle seat
    oem CS guard (per fim rules)
    I noted lots of Ti (that grayish shiny color) fasteners on the unsprung components.
    rear brake master looks OEM with no add ons.

well thats about it. Jonty finds the suspension strange but readily states he can not get the bike anywhere near Meo speed/technique.
    sorry TBM is Trailbike and Enduro Magazine OCT2010 issue
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Thank you Rob! However it is setup, it sure works for Meo..... some of the ISDE vids, he's on rails!:cheers:
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

interesting that he runs a 12/50 combo and still needed more low end,guess even a top pro thinks the bike has zero low end!!
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    exact quote "The gearing is 12/50, which allows Antoine to go really slowly on extreme tests if he needs to. But because we have a six-speed gearbox we still have good top-end speed."
  6. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can buy one too!, obviously does not have the full list on meo-s bike! looks great though
    good on ya husky

[IMG]
  7. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's what we need in the states IMHO. Something a little more raced up than the "civilized" TE.

Bike looks great.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    its called the TXC. :thumbsup:
  9. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

if you want a meo te 250..... well you can get all the add on bits out of the husky special parts book and build your te up to look the same...........i know its not going to cost that much

1..leo x3 pipe $700.00
    2..sticker kit 200.00
    3..bash plate 210.00
    4..black triple clamps 850.00
    5..hand guards 75.00
    6..oil-sump plug bling 100.00
    7..all the other little stuff ????

ps..the bike that husky will release is close.... but not close to meo,s race bike... meo,s race bike uses a bit of non husky stuff????????????
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Perhaps an opportunity for them to release a Meo special edition bike.
  11. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

:doh: :cheers:
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That synopsis was pretty interesting on the riding style and set up ...
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    he runs a 140/80-18 rear Michelin enduro comp on the 250!!! thats a heck of alot of meat on the rear of a 250
  15. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

that's one te250 that's had a hard life.............its a winner
  16. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm running the 12/50 on my TXC and it makes a huge difference on the low end.