TC250 Press Intro

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  2. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just a shame there won't be enough to pass around...
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

"At a curb weight of 214 pounds, the 2009 Husky TC 250 might be the lightest 250F in its class."

WOW!
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone know what it is like to kick a XR 650? Are they talking about kicking it slow and through the stroke?
  5. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have heard that there are less than 50 09 TC250s coming to NA. :banghead:
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I heard the same....:D

It does suck for all the Positive Publicity the bike is getting.

Maybe by some miracle will get more at a later date.

Doesn't help anyone that's is just starting out for the racing season.:thumbsdown:
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Their goal has been met as far the US market goes. They said they would bring the new TC250 models in for 09 and for the 10 season they will be fully homologated for AMA MX,,,,I wonder who will be the Lites rider or riders for the 10 season?
    ZipTy racing will have one at the least.
  9. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know they have to take it one step at a time, but if and when Husky decides to support a MX or SX rider at the top level I hope they can sign a rider who is talented enough to make an impact. Last season when GP Cycles attemped to enter enter a Husky (unfortunately not homologated) ridden by Derek Costella, we were all excited to finally see our brand represented. However with absolutely no offence to Derek, he is really struggling to qualify for events. Our sport has such a scrutinizing fan and rider base plus a misleading media representation (TV and print), that I fear unless Husky can produce top ten or better finishes, brand reputation will be hindered rather than helped.
  10. Fugi Husqvarna
    B Class

50 bikes? really? how many do the big 5 sell? 1000s?

my thought has been for years, lower the price of the bikes. get them out there, flood the market, collect the parts profit. get more people willin to buy them, then go to make a bigger profit after they r more wanted. ktm has kind of done that. now they charge 1000 more, and get it.

i said it before, ill say it again. husky should pick up jason lawrence. smack him around a bit, get his head on straight, and get him out there now on a 09 250tc. if it works, theyle both be heros. if it doesnt....u kind of have a out.....
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    J-Law........ super natural talent with a career path like xxxx (others of the natural phenom aura that blew out, no name mentioning out of respect) .... J-Law would be a good punk to have if he could be managed,,,,,,a true punk doesn't go with the flow, and that guy is is easily top 5 fast. He is tough and serious fast, but top level racing in this day and age really needs professionals,,,,kings of communication with the crew that can get the machine set set up dialed with some words to the crew chief. The best example is Rossi/Burgess team in motoGP, a few calm words a few twists of the wrench (buttons on the computer) and go win a championship...again. this is a good thread lets keep it alive with conjecture,,,,the fact is clear as you guys stated,,,,a top lites rider is needed,,,not an also ran......R
    fingers crossed!!!

how about "Punk rockers ride Huskies!!!"
  12. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

top rider

motocross is getting just like most forms of auto racing, husky will need an associate sponsor to underwrite the contract of a top winning rider... IMHO they don't come cheap nowdays... look at the bonus money paid out to the top lights riders... not to mention their salary:excuseme::excuseme:
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am very curious about MX'ers salaries and bonuses. Who makes what and how much do they get paid from their sponsors?
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I don't know much about it, but have heard a few things from local Pro Paul Carpenter. Pauly has run the full gamut in AMA Pro MX... Privateer, Satellite team, Team owner and hit the top as a full Factory rider with Kawi, when they did a 125 team for Bubba instead of sending James to Pro-Circuit.

Best story from Factory team was.... Pauly is a pretty average guy. He lives in a little house in rural NY. He needed a new fridge for his house, so Bubba told him, if he got a podium, he would buy the fridge. Pauly got a third and Bubba never came through. We still ask Pauly if the "Fridge" has showed up yet! Lost a lot of respect for rich guys on that one!

Most guys make less than you think. Pauly lost money when he got a Satellite team ride... He had to give up all his personal endorsements, which is where average riders make their money and use what gear sponsored his team with no compensation. Salary wasn't that great and if you don't perform.... no bonus money. The only incentive is you have near "Works" bike and support.

Pauly is going back to Canada where he is a past MX1 National Champion. He's also a multiple National 4 stroke champion when that was a National Series. He can make a better living at the top of a second tier series than in AMA Nationals.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ahhh I remember the good ol days. When McGrath asked Honda for 500,000 a year and they laughed at him.
  17. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

J-Law is not the answer, don't get me wrong, I agree he has the talent to be a top contender and by the looks of it he's not going to have to many chips to bargain with so who ever signs him will get a bargain. But..... even if you overlook his messed up antics and behavior issues, this is the last year he can be a lites rider. Unless I am wrong if you win a lites championship you can run one more lites season then you must be bumped to the 450 class, right?
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    You are correct. Lites champions get 1 year to defend their title then they get the boot.
  19. HuskyT Moderator

Put J-law in a Husky Jersey and then let him b...ch slap the Golden Boy Dungy a few times just for good measure.... ( behind a trailer of course where no one can see...unfortunately J-law is in the media spotlight .. they just wait for him to ff up..) then let him race neck and neck with Wiemer......

Put him on a TC450 and let him take on Villapoto in next years series.... we need someone with some balls again....

He can get on the podium and say " I 'd like to thank Husky and Husky only for taking me when no one else would..."

T
  20. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Not sure where this thread went.....laugh

But I agree with Tim....J law is the diamond in the rough...get his cocky wildness funneled in the right direction and watch out....get him on a Husky..even better

I like watching him ride..fast..aggressive...and confident too...good stuff......he just needs the monkey off his back..and get out of the media spotlight.....