TE 310 blue map button

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by hpmainiac, Mar 6, 2013.

1. hpmainiac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    OK, this has probably been covered before but, My 2102 TE 310 has the blue map button on the handlebars, but it doesn't do anything that I can tell. I've had the bike since early January but have less than 2 miles on it due to too cold and too much snow right now.
    The dealer I bought this from is almost 300 miles away. I stopped in there after i had the bike for about 4 weeks and asked about the button. The dealer service manager said "oh yeah, that works, just hold it down and you'll see it switch maps" The day I was there at the dealer the Husky factory rep was there so I asked him. He said "well, that was a mistake, some bikes came with the button but it doesn't do anything, sorry about that".
    Anyway, is it or is it not supposed to work? Thanks
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Yes the button switches between the standard and wet weather map. You need to press and hold it for around 5 seconds when the bike is running and you should see the dash change from 'map I' to 'map II'. This only works if the bike is in full power spec with the O2 sensor removed etc.

Dave
  3. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Actually it says "SEL 1" or "SEL 2" vice "Map 1 and Map 2" on the display. at least that what it was on my 2010 TE310. SEL 1 full power, SEL 2 reduced/muddy power

Guess the Keihin systems are different than the Mikuni as to display as well as fueling!
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The 2102 models are way better, decades better....;)

My dealer verified the maps exist. True, you may not feel them (like me) but it seems to amount to a retarding of timing more than anything so the power delivery is less abrupt with less wheel spin. Meant for muddy or slippery conditions but still a RACE map.
  5. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 ATC250R, '07 TRX400EX, '85 BW200
    Your bike must have the Power Up kit installed. And, the bike, once started, must be running for several minutes before it will respond. Then, as has been stated, press and hold the button for about 5 seconds. The display will switch from "Race Map I" to "Race Map II". Press and hold again to switch back. BTW, if you shut the engine off (or stall it), it will reset back to "Race Map I", which is the default.
  6. hpmainiac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    OK. So what does the full power up entail?
  7. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I have the same situation on a TE250 year 11. The blue button switchs between maps on the screen, but in fact they do not do anything that I can feel. My bike is powered up. I dont really think this button do anything else besides switching the display from Race map 1 to Race Map II.