Te-310 test

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by somdale, Sep 25, 2008.

1. somdale Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 310 is going to be in next months Dirtrider. Should be interesting.

Dale
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I asked George about upgrading from the TE 250 to the 310 when the time comes for a rebuild and he wasn't sure that was the way to go. He thought the Athena kits were very good. Anyway it will be like getting a different bike, according to most. That extra 50cc's transforms the bike.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Based on riding Kelly's TC310 last fall - yes. Still light feeling & can be tossed around like my TE250 but with more power, most noticeable in the lower RPMs.

:cheers:
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It would be interesting to view the results of a simultaneous dyno test between the 250 and 310 version noting all the differences in torque and horsepower throughout the RPM range.
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I'd like to see dyno tests on all of the bikes in the current line up before/after power up kit just to know the facts.
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Why not throw in the 450 & 510 too.

Would be worth looking at. :notworthy:

Opps should a read the next one down...

Ya what he said.....
  7. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just got my Athena kit for my'07 TE 250 and I'll be putting it on within the next two months. I have a line on a local Dynojet that I just might hop onto for a before and after comparison. However, they won't be on the same day as I want to get the new stuff well broken in before a full load pull on a dyno. Plus, I'll have to get a cheapie smooth dualsport tire for the dyno runs...or maybe a trials tire?...Hmm...

Maybe I can get ahold of another TE muffler and I can do another run with the modified end cap, too. I'd rather not modify my only endcap because I love how quiet it is stock. Anyone have a muffler they want to part with?
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I am curious if the 09 250 or 310 have new gear ratios. That would be a big factor in deciding to upgrade my 250 with the Athena kit or not.
  9. chamber66 Guest

The 310 has just been tested in a respected magazine over here, and they thought it was just o.k. They felt that a 350 would have been better as it would have sat squarely between the 450 and 250.
    They did think it would be quite a good seller thoughHere's the article, hope no one gets annoyed i have put it here

Attached Files:

10. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

i read that one in TBM, it wasnt as in depth an article as usual though more of a couple of laps on each of the bikes, so im waiting for the real test before deciding.
    plus (nothing against her) but it was mel who tested them and i find she leans very much towards the trail side of the bikes and not really pushing them like the others do for a more race orientated view.
  11. chamber66 Guest

Sorry just realised the magazine article is almost impossible to read.

Tadgh, i agree with what you say about Mel. If you compare the Husky review to the Berg review in the new mag they are miles apart. The Berg review is a very good article, and makes me want to go out and buy one today. The Husky article is simply O.K