Te 450 2008 fuel injection

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by fatlad, Nov 30, 2014.

1. fatlad Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi there all yes bike broke again so we are back online ,just hope someone has had this fault before .i have just bought a used 13l tank for my bike witch has been running fine ,had a spare hour the other day so changed over pretty straight forward no problems ,had to remove fuel pump from old tank and fit in new tank all went smoothly until I hit the old start button ,bike burst into life as always ran for a couple of seconds and stopped started again same thing happened after thinking maybe bit of air turned key on and off getting fuel pump purge then started ran fine left a couple of days back to starting and cutting out after a couple of seconds .so thinking of course something I've done took tank back off and had a look at fuel pump assembly all in tact wiring etc so connected pump to bike in my hand turn ignition on pump primed hit start button pump ran again so I think pump side of it is ok ,put back together today messed around again would not start all of a sudden burst into life but neutral flashed 4 times and this kept on repeating while running .switched off would not go again been through most of the electrical connector cleaning disconnecting found one wire that wasn't too great so replaced the only thing I'm think now is fuel filter I've never changed it and looked slightly discoloured when fitting fuel pump .
    Any info would be very much appreciated
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    How miles on bike?
    Is it the original fuel pump?
  3. fatlad Husqvarna
    B Class

Unsure of mileage as speedo has gone back to 0 but I would guess no more than 3000 and I have never changed fuel pump and don't think it was done before I had it so I would guess its the original one many thanks Paul